Kale Chips

Options
Looking for the perfect seasoning for some kale chips, anyone tried making them? I like spicy food so maybe curry, chili pepper or paprika seasoning?
Thanks!

Replies

• venus_blue
    venus_blue Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    This reminds me that I have kale in the fridge!

Try a pinch of cayenne, garlic powder, sea salt and smoked paprika, makes a nice spicy - almost BBQ - flavor.

Chili powder (or chipotle powder or chipotles in adobo when you coat them with olive oil) and a little very finely grated lime zest and sea salt, so yummy!

I saw a recipe for garlic and red pepper kale chips somewhere that sounded good.

I have never tried this one, but it has all the flavors I like!
    http://www.phamfatale.com/id_3730/title_Masala-Kale-Chips-Recipe/

I've thought about trying to make green curry ones by using a little green curry paste in the spice "rub".
  • hlhutch91
    hlhutch91 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I've never made them...do they really satisfy the chip craving... I think I just need the crunch factor with some zip?
    How long do you bake them?
  • grafluckner
    grafluckner Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    old bay seasoning is also nice. spray w/ olive oil spray and cook in microwave until crispy. good stuff
  • singysewgirl
    singysewgirl Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I usually use similar spices to Venus' ideas, and also add a lot of nutritional yeast flakes for a nice protein and flavor boost. :)
  • ajm_uwe
    ajm_uwe Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    hlhutch91 wrote: »
    I've never made them...do they really satisfy the chip craving... I think I just need the crunch factor with some zip?
    How long do you bake them?
    They do crunch, if you ever have crispy seaweed from the Chinese takeaway its exactly that. I do about 15 mins or until the kale feels crisp when checked.

• rosebai21
    rosebai21 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I have always just done salt and pepper. If you add enough black pepper, it can certainly give it a bite!
    Man I miss kale chips... my kale didn't grow right this year, so I didn't get to make any :cry:
  • cls81019
    cls81019 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    We love kale chips. My husband's favorite seasoning when making his is Nashville hot seasoning. I love the Ray's stinging honey garlic (has some spice).