Fair Life Milk

Options
ladipoet
ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
I decided to create this post in response to a post by Dragonwolf in another conversation topic (I didn't want to highjack the thread). He said:

"Potatoes and ice cream are my usual high carb stuff. I'm a sucker for both.

Under normal circumstances, milk is the only other thing on that list that consume with any regularity, but it's always the highest fat source I can get my hands on and it's not nearly as much these days as what I used to consume."

Have you heard about Fair Life Milk? If not, you might want to check it out:

NUTRITION FACTS
Serving Size 1 cup (240ml)
Servings Per Container About 7
Amount Per Serving
Calories 150
Calories from Fat 70
Total Fat 8g 12%
Saturated Fat 5g 25%
Trans Fat 0g
Cholesterol 30mg 10%
Sodium 105mg 4%
Total Carbohydrate 6g 2%
Dietary Fiber 0g 0%
Sugars 6g
Protein 13g 26%
Vitamin A 10% Vitamin C 0%
Calcium 40% Iron 0%
Vitamin D 25%

http://fairlife.com/our-products/whole/

These are the numbers for the Whole milk they offer. The other kinds of milk they offer are just as bad as most other milks out there, at least far as us low-carbers are concerned, but whenever I make up a recipe that calls for whole milk I sometimes use this stuff instead especially if it's a recipe where I want to increase the overall amount of protein.

Replies

• minties82
    minties82 Posts: 907 Member
    Options
    That looks like good milk, for the same amount of milk we have here it is 11 carbs.
  • Dragonwolf
    Dragonwolf Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    I haven't heard of that brand, specifically, but I've seen a few varieties of lactose-free milk around (including one from CARBmaster), which is what that variety of FairLife is.

I just get cream or, if I can't get that (I try to avoid the heavily doctored creams, which leaves me with half gallons from a local dairy), half and half, either of which are generally good enough for my purposes. I can see the lactose free milks being a viable option, though, especially for those looking to it for protein as opposed to fat.

And by the way, I'm a "she." :wink:
  • ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    Options
    Dragonwolf wrote: »
    And by the way, I'm a "she." :wink:

Appreciate the clarification! :)

• sweetteadrinker2
    sweetteadrinker2 Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    I have fairlife whole milk in my fridge, literally just came home from the store with it. It's good for when I just want a glass of milk, which I really missed prior to finding it.
  • dmcb24
    dmcb24 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Fair life milk is gmo milk, if that matters to you. Just thought I'd share that bit of Info
  • Dragonwolf
    Options
    dmcb24 wrote: »
    Fair life milk is gmo milk, if that matters to you. Just thought I'd share that bit of Info

Source?
  • carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,412 Member
    Options
    It's in the feed of all non-organic milk that could have GMO's in it. (not the cows hehe). Most of the conventional corn out there is genetically modified, and although corn is not a good food source for cows, they still feed it to them since it's cheap. That means any non-organic milk we buy likely has gmos. If it's been verified by the non-gmo project then you are good to go and it will have a stamp on the packaging. Anything organic will not have any gmo's (I work for an organic food company). I personally drink fair life milk and I'm not worried about it. At least it doesn't have growth hormones in it :)
  • Dragonwolf
    Options
    carlsoda wrote: »
    It's in the feed of all non-organic milk that could have GMO's in it. (not the cows hehe). Most of the conventional corn out there is genetically modified, and although corn is not a good food source for cows, they still feed it to them since it's cheap. That means any non-organic milk we buy likely has gmos. If it's been verified by the non-gmo project then you are good to go and it will have a stamp on the packaging. Anything organic will not have any gmo's (I work for an organic food company). I personally drink fair life milk and I'm not worried about it. At least it doesn't have growth hormones in it :)

Yeah, I'm used to/familiar with that. The way @dmcb24 put it made it sound like it was somehow different from even conventional milk (lactose removal aside).
  • sweetteadrinker2
    sweetteadrinker2 Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    It's no different than conventional, aside from the obvious. Also their cows are fed more hay/less silage than crystal brand.
  • AppetiteControlFreak
    Options
    I buy it. Have drank it for 4 months or so. It is fairly new

I like it!