Exercise ideas?

Options
Hey!

I'm keen to get back to exercising but mostly do fitness classes at the gym. I miss lifting weights but without guidance (used to do crossfit) I feel a bit lost. Anyone have any exercises they'd recommend?

Replies

• brisingr86
    brisingr86 Posts: 1,789 Member
    Options
    For weight lifting, most people seem to recommend New Rules of Lifting for Women (NRLW) or Stronglifts 5x5. I've used Stronglifts off and on (due to variable schedule not due to the program). I like that it has an app, it's a few basic moves with tons of videos to guide you on form, and guides you every step of the way. Pretty sure there are groups for each of them that you can read more information on either program.

General exercise, I've liked Jillian Michael's programs (Ripped in 30 more than 30 Day Shred, but personal style) and I do a lot of basic cardio at the gym (elliptical and treadmill). Good luck!
  • KenziesFrenzies
    KenziesFrenzies Posts: 1,014 Member
    Options
    I started off with Stronglifts, but I found a better lifting routine that's a lot more comprehensive.

First of all, READ THIS BOOK. THIS BOOK IS LIFE.

cover-female.jpg

Second of all, buy the $10 workbook that goes with it on Amazon, it has the lifting routine in it and it's amazing! I'm only on week 2, but I'm still super excited about it!

51VaXX%2B5o5L._AC_UL320_SR248,320_.jpg
  • stephaniejane_x
    stephaniejane_x Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    What's the book called??
  • KenziesFrenzies
    KenziesFrenzies Posts: 1,014 Member
    Options
    Do the pictures not show up for you? 'm sorry.
    The book is called "Thinner, Leaner, Stronger: The Simple Science of Building the Ultimate Female Body" by Michael Matthews.

The corresponding lifting workbook is "The Year One Challenge for Women: Thinner, Leaner and Stronger than Ever in 12 Months."

Both available on Amazon. :)