Looking For a Cookbook

Options
MSDave
MSDave Posts: 116 Member
I'm looking for a cookbook that has daily recipes with a weekly grocery list. 2 serving recipes. Healthy cooking too. Nutritional info for each recipe would be nice too.
Does anyone know of anything?

Replies

• marekdds
    marekdds Posts: 2,209 Member
    Options
    That is a tall order. My favorite has always been Joy of Cooking or America'a Test Kitchen.
  • bm1409
    bm1409 Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    I stopped buying cookbooks since I can find recipes on line. My favorite recipe website is SkinnyTaste. So far everything I have made from there has been good. They dont have a weekly shopping list though.
  • BRaye325
    BRaye325 Posts: 1,383 Member
    Options
    I use online recipes a lot too. You can find anything in a google search.
    Here is my favorite though for 2 servings:
    http://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-lifestyle/recipes/recipes-2-servings/rcs-20077215

When I find one to make, I just print it and then it makes it easy to add to my grocery list.
  • mk2fit
    mk2fit Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    Try cooking light magazine's website. It has a weeknight meal planner, though it may not be exactly what you are looking for. I am also a big fan of Skinny Taste.
  • lynnstacey2
    lynnstacey2 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    America's Test Kitchen has a few books for lighter cooking although I think most of them are meals for four They have some cooking for two books out there that indicate which recipes are light and those give calorie counts etc. Although I also copy recipes from online, America's Test Kitchen recipes are hard to beat because they almost always taste really good, can't say the same for some others I have tried! I'm afraid I'm not much of a fan of Skinny Taste, not after I tried those black bean brownies UGH!
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    the library has tons of cookbooks too
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    https://blog.myfitnesspal.com
    The MFP blog might be helpful.
  • nikkib0103
    nikkib0103 Posts: 968 Member
    Options
    America's Test Kitchen Cooking School is the bomb. it weighs about 800 pounds but is incredibly informative. For "diet cooking" I think the Weight Watchers cookbooks are very good as well, Also, Rocco DiSpirito has several excellent volumes Of "Eat This.. Not That". And, in conjunction with a series on LRW, "Eat Yourself Thin.". Very nice recipes with all the nutritional info. All I can think of.