2 yrs 5 months post-op and pregnant

Options
kc82
kc82 Posts: 65 Member
Anyone else become pregnant after VSG? My husband and I spent years (prior to VSG) doing fertility treatments with no luck. Now I am 2 years and 5 months post op and just found out I'm pregnant (wasn't planned). I'm nervous and don't know what to expect. So I'm hoping to hear from others who have had a baby post-VSG who can give me some advice, what to expect, how your pregnancy turned out, etc...

Replies

• anbrdr
    anbrdr Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Congratulations to you!
  • kc82
    kc82 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    anbrdr wrote: »
    Congratulations to you!

Thank you anbrdr !! :)
  • swerdygnome
    swerdygnome Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!! I'm actually hoping for the same. We've been trying for 7 years without any luck, although we have fertility issues on both sides. I'm turning 35 on Saturday and have mostly given up. Happy for you! :smiley:
  • martabeerich
    martabeerich Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I used to belong to another grp, one of the ladies got pregnant about 1 year post op. The baby was beautiful and healthy. Check with your DR. It should be OK. Congrats and keep us posted!
  • ThinGwen
    ThinGwen Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Congrats!
  • blairmundy
    blairmundy Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    This was a question I specifically asked about before having the surgery. MY doc said as long as I was 12-18 months out or more it would be totally fine.
  • kimgravitt3
    kimgravitt3 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    My daughter in law's 1st cousin got pregnant a year after having the sleeve. She did need to she a high risk obgyn, but she did wonderful and had a beautiful baby boy. She continued losing weight while she was pregnant, but she was getting in all her nutrients, so the doctor wasn't concerned. Contratulations, I hope you do great!!!!!