Vitafiber syrup/homemade quest bars

Options
I've been wanting to get some vitafiber syrup and make my own questbars for those days when I just don't have time to pack lunch or need something I can eat in class. Buying the bars is out as they are so expensive($3 each) and amazon has the syrup. Has anyone done this? Do you use a mold or just pat them with your hands? Any tips or tricks, flavor combos?

Replies

• dcshima
    dcshima Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Just bought some FiberYum syrup, significantly cheaper, been adding to my protein shakes/ lattes for added fiber along with sweetness. You can also make the quest bar then mold into smaller balls and bake off as "cookies".
    Does anyone have any other ideas for the syrup or powder?
  • AngInCanada
    AngInCanada Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    Following. I pay $3.49 per bar and that sucks. Would love to make my own.
  • ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    Options
    Last week-end I found quest bars at a local health food store (not a nationwide chain) in my area for 2.00/bar. Lowest price I've ever seen for them ever even online. Will definitely be buying them there from now on! Sorry I don't really have recipes to offer here.
  • knackeredat34
    knackeredat34 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I have recently discovered quest bars and they are killing my food budget so a way to make my own would be fabulous.
  • knackeredat34
    knackeredat34 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Ive just found they have youtube videos on how to make them :-)
  • camtosh
    camtosh Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    Just google "make your own quest protein bars" and you will find various recipes. I rolled them out between sheets of wax paper and cut with a knife, then wrapped each one separately before freezing them. Much cheaper than buying them.
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    I also found recipes for Keto Pumpkin Protein Bars and www.healthfulpursuit.com had some that seemed interesting. Since I don't have a link for the first one (it popped up on a meal generator thing)...here you are:

Keto Pumpkin Protein Bars

Prep time: 5 minutes
    Cook time: 20 minutes
    Original recipe yields: 4 servings (to use whole eggs, make in increments of 4)

Ingredients:
    Whey protein powder, Gold Standard, Any flavor, 100% whey protein, 30 grams
    Pumpkin, Canned, without salt, 1/8 cup, 30.6 grams
    Neufchatel cheese, 1 oz, 28.4 grams
    Egg, Whole, fresh eggs, 1/4 extra large, 14 grams
    Pumpkin pie spice, Spices, 3/8 tsp, 0.70 grams

Percent calories from...Carbs 13%, Protein 51%, Fat 36%

Recipe stats:
    7.1g Carbs, 9g Fat, 28.7g Protein, 224.5 Calories, Estimated $0.92

Directions
    1. Preheat oven to 350F.
    2. Grease a loaf pan or use a cooking spray to coat sides.
    3. Mash together pumpkin and neufchatel cheese. Stir in protein powder until thoroughly combined. Add egg and mix until the dough becomes more like a pancake batter.
    4. Pour into your greased/silicon pan and bake for 20 minutes. Let cool and slice.
  • sweetteadrinker2
    sweetteadrinker2 Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    dcshima wrote: »
    Just bought some FiberYum syrup, significantly cheaper, been adding to my protein shakes/ lattes for added fiber along with sweetness. You can also make the quest bar then mold into smaller balls and bake off as "cookies".
    Does anyone have any other ideas for the syrup or powder?

So much cheaper than vita fiber! I think I'll buy a quart, that should make 32 bars, and I have some (albeit carby) protein powder I need to use up. I bet grahm cracker protein powder with chopped chocolate and marshmallow flavor would be excellent.
  • dcshima
    dcshima Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Yep just placed another order on their own site since they threw in a flyer with my amazon order....shop.rawrev.com use FiberYum coupon code for 20% off! Not affiliated, just love a good deal like managers specials in the meat department! Will be trying the powder in some baking recipes and getting some maple extract to doctor up a syrup to make protein pancakes tolerable.
  • bluefish86
    bluefish86 Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    dcshima wrote: »
    Will be trying the powder in some baking recipes and getting some maple extract to doctor up a syrup to make protein pancakes tolerable.

Let me know how that goes! I've seen the powder on the site that sells my protein and vitamins, but there seems to be less recipes out there for the powder than for the syrup.

I wonder if you could make syrup with the powder??
  • sweetteadrinker2
    sweetteadrinker2 Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    I just bought from amazon, if this goes well I'll be buying the gallon or larger sizes. Planning to make some as soon as it gets here. GRRR holiday slowing down shipping. :p
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    Also, my protein powder I just got has a recipe on the back... Do you want me to snap a pic and share it out later?
  • TBeverly49
    TBeverly49 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    What is a quest bar, and when do you eat them, a snack or a meal, or addition to a meal. Never heard of them berfore.
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    @Batlady49, Google it. They can be used as snacks or meal replacement, depending on size. They are good, but expensive! Am interested. To see how these turn out! And @Knitormiss, please post the recipe from your protein powder! :smiley: