70 Lbs down - progress pic

Options
creepykbear
creepykbear Posts: 69 Member
I still have a long way to go - but I started at 420 and I'm down to 350! I was having trouble seeing the loss in the mirror - but my hubs found an old picture that really demonstrates that yep - I'm doing it... The before pic is from Jan - but I didn't start my program till June, so this is 4 months of hard work.

g2sdjt76pb6c.jpg

Replies

17761776 Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    Wow!!!!! You look beautiful!!! What r you doing, any words of wisdom???? Where was the October picture taken??? Dance in the light of the moon!!!!! Gayle Minneapolis
  • ScrAgnX
    ScrAgnX Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    You're doing great.
  • creepykbear
    creepykbear Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I'm doing low carb/low fat - the diet has been in prep for weight loss surgery which I'm probably going to have in Jan 2016. The photo was in my backyard - we live in AZ, so it's nice out still.
    I'm eating about 1200-1500 calories a day and working out 6ish days a week for 20-30 minutes. I was doing swimming or aqua aerobics in my pool, but now that it's chilly I joined the Y - so doing their classes which are an hour - hopefully that will break me out of the slump I've been in.

I was completely addicted to sugar - but cutting out carbs has really gotten rid of that. Before if there was candy in the house I would eat it, if there was ice cream it wouldn't last long, same with donuts, cake, etc. My hubs has a "secret" candy stash in the outside fridge, I haven't even been tempted in months.

I do 2-3 meals a day of lean meat (ground chicken, steak, super lean hamburger, lean lunch meat, turkey burgers) with veggies. Plus 2-3 protein shakes a day. I've completely cut out sugar, flour, pasta, rice, grains, potatoes, corn, carrots, etc. I won't say it's been easy, but the low carb thing is the easiest "diet" I've ever done, still lots of choices and gets rid of that sugar craving and hungry all the time feeling.
  • kaihunter45
    kaihunter45 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    You look awesome. I'm so happy for you!
  • jltheis7
    jltheis7 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    You are looking awesome! And happy! I followed the same plan a few years ago and had the same success. This reminded me that I can do it. I was inspired by reading The Hunger Fix, which is all about how the brain is behind many peoples struggles with weight. What led you to choose this plan?
  • Miss_Mania
    Miss_Mania Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    You look amazing my friend!! You are proof that hard work pays off!! Your determination and dedication are demonstrated in your fabulous transformation. You are inspiring!!!
  • HLaR79
    HLaR79 Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    You nay not see the difference in the mirror but it is there! your determination now will make surgery so much more successful!! Great job :)
  • jenjen0719
    jenjen0719 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Way to go! You look fabulous! Thank you for encouraging us!
  • LaineyLouScrap
    LaineyLouScrap Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Congratulations
  • Cheryl7777
    Cheryl7777 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Wow you are doing great. I can really see the difference. Congratulations and keep at it.
  • violet456
    violet456 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Great work. Congrats