Great News from the Doc Today

Options
TBeverly49
TBeverly49 Posts: 322 Member
I went to my doc for diabetes & weight-loss today for my 3 month followup. She told me that I have lost 45 pounds since June and 25 of that was fat! She gave me a high-five! My A1c is down to 5.1. She was extremely happy about that, and so was I. Here's my list of questions for her today:
  1. Do I have to continue 2 blood sugar testing 2x a day?-- She said no, when I feel like it. Alrighty!
  2. I ask about continuing the metformin?--Please continue until we have control of the insulin resistance. Made since to me.
  3. I gave her copies that recently came out on the LCHF threads not only helps lose weight, but can affects diabetes. She said she has it and did I read it? I said yes and that I am doing it.
  4. I asked about the restriction of my fat intake of 60-70 grams a day that I was told when I first started working with her.. I asked if I can have more, she said yes as much as I want. Just keep my carbs under 60 grams a day. Alright, Now I can get serious!
  5. How much weight lifting do I need to do? She wants me to do some of each legs, abdomen, arms, shoulders. Pretty much my whole body. I asked if there was anything helpful for my fat tummy, she said no, just keep doing what I am doing it will be gone before I know it. I already do cardio.

Thank you all for your support for the past few months. BeverlyT

Replies

267639 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Awesome news well done
  • radiii
    radiii Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your progress, that is awesome!
  • knackeredat34
    knackeredat34 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    That's fabulous news, well done. I am pleased she told you to lift weights, nice functional muscle is always a good thing to have.
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    You have a great doctor! So glad things are looking so good! And your weight loss is phenomenal! Congratulations on all of your hard work!! :smiley:
  • fatchimom
    fatchimom Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Batlady49 wrote: »
    I went to my doc for diabetes & weight-loss today for my 3 month followup. She told me that I have lost 45 pounds since June and 25 of that was fat! She gave me a high-five! My A1c is down to 5.1. She was extremely happy about that, and so was I. Here's my list of questions for her today:
    1. Do I have to continue 2 blood sugar testing 2x a day?-- She said no, when I feel like it. Alrighty!
    2. I ask about continuing the metformin?--Please continue until we have control of the insulin resistance. Made since to me.
    3. I gave her copies that recently came out on the LCHF threads not only helps lose weight, but can affects diabetes. She said she has it and did I read it? I said yes and that I am doing it.
    4. I asked about the restriction of my fat intake of 60-70 grams a day that I was told when I first started working with her.. I asked if I can have more, she said yes as much as I want. Just keep my carbs under 60 grams a day. Alright, Now I can get serious!
    5. How much weight lifting do I need to do? She wants me to do some of each legs, abdomen, arms, shoulders. Pretty much my whole body. I asked if there was anything helpful for my fat tummy, she said no, just keep doing what I am doing it will be gone before I know it. I already do cardio.

Thank you all for your support for the past few months. BeverlyT

Great news!!!! It's so nice to have a knowledgeable doctor that supports LCHF!!! Keep up the good work!!!!
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,966 Member
    Options
    Excellent!
  • carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! You have a great doctor btw!! I'm going in for my physical later this month and I don't even think I'll bring it up. She's pretty outspoken and probably won't support it. But it will be interesting to see my cholesterol and blood sugar numbers! Keep up the hard work - it's working!!!
  • anglyn1
    anglyn1 Posts: 1,802 Member
    Options
    Great news! :)
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    That's so exciting... Look forward to following more progress!
  • jumanajane
    jumanajane Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    That's brilliant! How nice to have a Dr that's supportive! Awesome job on your part!
  • SuesNewImage
    SuesNewImage Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    Well done. I'm finding that this journey is only as good as the team I have around me. Between my Doctor, MFP community & family I know I couldn't do this for myself on my own.
    Keep it up.
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,159 Member
    Options
    Yes that is an awesome report.
  • phxteach
    phxteach Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! That is an awesome change :)
  • DittoDan
    DittoDan Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    Great job Batlady! I wish I had your doc....

I hope this helps,
    Dan the Man from Michigan
    Keto / The Recipe Water Fasting / E.A.S.Y. Exercise Program
    Current weight: 198.5, 115.5 pounds down, 19.5 to go. 13 months on diet
  • pjwoodhouse
    pjwoodhouse Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Great news!
  • AppetiteControlFreak
    Options
    Congratulations on your results and hard work!

Very good!

It takes work and you have done it

Well done
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    That really is great! Congrats!
  • V_Keto_V
    V_Keto_V Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Good news...you don't want to go down that road of T2DM. All of a sudden you'll be on a minimum of 3 meds to start off. Sometimes even more based on HbA1C. I would stick to the Metformin...even as a non diabetic, I would be interested in its use.
  • totaloblivia
    totaloblivia Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    So happy for you!