Getting Started with Ideal Protein

Options
Hello fellow IP friends! I am just beginning this journey and am curious as to how you are progressing. From looking at the members of this group, some of you have been using IP for several months. In my consultation, the initial goal was for over 100 lbs to lose. I'm doing okay taking things day by day, but as I am looking into the next few months of planning for family, etc., I am a bit overwhelmed at considering the months down the road. Thoughts? Ideas? Suggestions?

Replies

• CeliabFR
    CeliabFR Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi :)
    I stared Ip three months ago. Really happy with the results but couldn't keep up with the cost. Be switched to alternatives now, meaning I'm doing IP but with other food brands. The loss is the same. Just 3 times cheaper :) if you want to look it up on Facebook the group is Ideal protein alternatives.

Celia
  • TXDanesGirl
    TXDanesGirl Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Good to hear that there is an active alternatives community out there. I'm hoping to see a reduction in our overall food bill as we have stopped going out to eat and are eating at home all of the time now. Keeping the fingers crossed that I can break even or possibly save some money! Lost 10.2 lbs in my first weigh-in last Thursday. Feeling good about how my second week is coming along. It seems my brain is fighting me less over food choices than last week.

Kristi
  • newMEkgee
    newMEkgee Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am starting the IP program this week and I was wondering how folks deal with eating out with friends/family? I know my coach said with moderation you can have a cheat day, but I feel like my only option is a salad hold everything but the lettuce. I know there has to be other options right? Also I already set the expectation on only do the program for 3 mos and then go to IP alternatives. Just curious on how things are going after switching to alternatives, same results?
  • mickimicheleb
    mickimicheleb Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Week two here with IP and I can already see a difference in size and weight, but also the pocket book. I told my coach it seemed really silly to make a "chicken patty" IP food for lunch when I have already prepared real boneless skinless cooked chicken breast in the refrigerator. Was told that the real thing was missing some of the vital nutrients that the IP food package had. LOL.
  • tammylyn_
    tammylyn_ Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I'm both back on the program (took a break over the summer knowing that I wouldn't be able to keep it up) & a coach.
    I'm curious about the alternatives ... I've got a couple of folks that would love to do the program but cost is holding them back and if I could help them with that would be awesome.

@newMEkgee the odd time I eat out I'll make it my "dinner" meal & order something protein based with veggies. Possibly with a side salad. ie 8oz steak with veggies. I always ask what their veggies are that they serve with as they're often carrots & broccoli or something. Most places are quite happy to give no carrot & extra broccoli.

@mickimicheleb in the packaged stuff you're getting more protein & nutrients with fewer calories. You'd have to eat a whack load of chicken to get the same from the patties (or whatever). That said, I wonder why anyone would get the packaged omelet when you can have real eggs lol ;)
  • tlnorth77
    tlnorth77 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Yeah, ugh....the omelet’s are gross. I do think it’s more about the calories and ratios then about comparing IP foods to whole foods nutrition-wise.