New friends :)

Options
KaKay204
KaKay204 Posts: 8 Member
I'm trying to get back into the groove and most of my 'real life friends' aren't into weight loss or pales. I know I work better in group environments.

I'm trying to go paleo but it's a slow learning process for me.

I'm looking for some friends to motivate each other. I would love to loose 15lbs. I have an open diary!

Hope to connect :)

Replies

• NezyRumRunner
    NezyRumRunner Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Im in a smilar boat...Primal is grt for me, but my pals are either vegetarian or extreme carb-loaders...very difficult to stay on track for those last 15 lbs! LOL! Good luck and hang in there!
  • Juniper3411
    Juniper3411 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I'm doing primal but it's similar enough :)
  • stormytea
    stormytea Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I have had great success with paleo. I still have a little ways to go so I am tightening up my diet for the time being. Feel free to add me, I am also in search of motivational buddies on here!
  • degan2011
    degan2011 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    add me too. :)
  • dmcb24
    dmcb24 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Add me too !
  • NezyRumRunner
    Options
    How's everyone doing???
  • Juniper3411
    Juniper3411 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Doing well!
  • crunchketo
    crunchketo Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Me too!!
  • FitMommaD
    FitMommaD Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I've sent requests to you all ... it's great to have other paleo, primal buddies!
  • cmarangi
    cmarangi Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    looking for friends as well! Add me if you like! :)
  • NezyRumRunner
    Options
    FitMommaD wrote: »
    I've sent requests to you all ... it's great to have other paleo, primal buddies!

Grt! I have rolled off the wagon since im.in the midst of race season and carb load before the races, then it gets hard to drop the carbs and go
    R for primal. Lol! It's so hard! ;)
  • cindytw
    cindytw Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options

Grt! I have rolled off the wagon since im.in the midst of race season and carb load before the races, then it gets hard to drop the carbs and go

Just asking, why do you carb load? It's not really necessary if you become fat adapted, and if it were, you can do specific things that don't make it a habit. Have you read Paleo Diet for Athletes?
  • NezyRumRunner
    Options
    cindytw wrote: »

Just asking, why do you carb load? It's not really necessary if you become fat adapted, and if it were, you can do specific things that don't make it a habit. Have you read Paleo Diet for Athletes?

Hi! I usually increase carbs by eating more sweet potato, baked potato, rice/pasta...My hubby just purchased The Paleo for Athletes for me! he must be tired of my complaining about this subject....LOL!
    I notice that when I open up to more carbs, I seriously CRAVE them throughout the day. Otherwise, when Im consuming mostly protein based with lost of vegies and some fruit, I dont. Its easy for me to fall off the wagon and continue to roll. Any suggestions, @cindytw ?