My second experience with a half marathon

Options
wennim
wennim Posts: 276 Member
It has been really quiet in here but I just wanted to share my excitement.

My first half marathon experience sucked and I am so glad I didn't let it stop me from trying it again. The half I did yesterday was for a nearby food pantry and it was so much more fun. It was a little bit bigger (113 runners vs 70) but just the whole atmosphere was so much different. People were cheering for everyone even the last person to cross the finish line...which wasn't me this time! I was able to run the entire thing this time and came in 93/113. My time was 33 min faster than last time 2 months ago. I had such a feeling of accomplishment that I really didn't get from last time.

That was the final event we have planned for this year since as the weather gets colder there isn't much to choose from. My husband (who came in 32/113 at just under 2 hrs- so proud of him) and I are already trying to plan out what events to do next summer. My body is really aching today but I would do it again in a heartbeat.

Replies

• mrron2u
    mrron2u Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    Wow! Congrats on such a great accomplishment! I've done some 5k's but have yet to ever run one 100% of the time. Doing a half marathon - what a big deal! Thanks for sharing!
  • kaihunter45
    kaihunter45 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! I'm so glad you had a better experience. Keep up the hard and great work!
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    That's so awesome. Perfect example of "if at first you don't succeed, try, try again!"

SUCH a HUGE accomplishment!! Go Wendy. :)
  • maoribadger
    maoribadger Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    Well done Wendy that's awesome