Does anyone need digestive enzymes to help them digest all this extra fat?

Options
deljabri
deljabri Posts: 12 Member
I've always needed assistance with proteins like steaks and fatty meat so I take a digestive enzyme Ultragest that assists me in the process since I started on the keto diet around 3 weeks ago I've been taking a digestive enzyme with my meals, everytime I try to go cold turkey without the enzyme I feel sluggish and have digestive problems does that happen to anyone else what do you recommend?

Replies

• KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    You will have an adjustment period when stopping the artificial enzyme until your body starts properly producing it's own again. Basically, you'll have to suck it up buttercup, add some coconut oil (start small), and deal with it. Probably at least 2 weeks, if not 4 weeks.

For me, the biggest deal was not "wasting" all my enzymes and such on carbs. They (carbs) basically sucked up all the resources, making processing proteins and fats very difficult for me before, and now my body does it one it's own, with ease. I had my gallbladder out in 2000, so I'm quite happy to not need any additional help!
  • deljabri
    Options
    KnitOrMiss wrote: »
    You will have an adjustment period when stopping the artificial enzyme until your body starts properly producing it's own again. Basically, you'll have to suck it up buttercup, add some coconut oil (start small), and deal with it. Probably at least 2 weeks, if not 4 weeks.

For me, the biggest deal was not "wasting" all my enzymes and such on carbs. They (carbs) basically sucked up all the resources, making processing proteins and fats very difficult for me before, and now my body does it one it's own, with ease. I had my gallbladder out in 2000, so I'm quite happy to not need any additional help!

• deljabri
    Options
    Thanks