Break between stages

Options
josiereside1
josiereside1 Posts: 199 Member
Do most of you take a break between stages or move on?? I was not going to break but I just got a new tattoo on my foot and really should not wear shoes... I guess I can do it barefoot (I work out at home)... or I could just do some exercises other then NROL for a week ... Just curious what most have done.

Replies

• dnamouse
    dnamouse Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I take a break, sometimes I don't (that's helpful, isn't it? lol)

In general, I've found myself taking a full week's break every 2 months-ish. Sometimes that lines up with the end of a stage, sometimes it doesn't. I've learned to listen to my body and do what it says. Most of the time :wink:

If you have a physical reason for the rest week - take it. One week off or doing other stuff isn't going to hurt, in fact it could be entirely beneficial in that you'll hit the new stage rested and refreshed and ready to go. Those muscles need a bit of relaxation every now and then too :smile:
  • DawnEmbers
    DawnEmbers Posts: 2,451 Member
    Options
    I think I did take a couple of breaks. I took a little over a week before starting NROLFW, after doing 12 weeks of Stronglifts, but that was partly due to catching a cold. I took some days off during NROLFW but not sure if I had a full week any time but close, like when I took a mini vacation up to see the tulips in bloom with my grandparents. I also had a few times where my schedule changed so I rearranged my workout days, but I didn't specifically go "end of stage so take time off." It depended on other factors and not so much how the stages were laid out.