Low Carb for Weightloss

Options
mfchilambi
mfchilambi Posts: 34 Member
I would like to find out what is therequired grams(g) for carb intake on a daily basis in order to lose weight. I would like to hear more from those that have benefited from LCHF diet and please if possible give breakfast,lunch and diner suggestions.

Will appreciate

Replies

• Jbarnes1210
    Jbarnes1210 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Hello, there are many different varieties of low carb dieting. I follow a keto lifestyle (20gr) of carbs or less a day. For me a low carb lifestyle helps me control my appetite and cravings for the first time in my life. It's also a bonus to be able to eat good, flavorful food, and not just rabbit food. A typical day for May include:
    Breakfast:
    Eggs
    Bacon
    Cheese

Lunch:
    2 bratwurst
    Cheese
    Pickles

Dinner:
    Ribeye steak w/butter
    Brocolli

Snacks:
    Hunter sausage
    Cheese
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    I highly recommend reading through the Launch Pad information on groups front page. All of your questions are answered there in a very clear, easy to understand way.
    Here's one of the links you will find there that will help get you started.
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10039486/what-is-low-carb-an-overview-and-guide
    There are always more questions as we continue on our low carb journeys though, so we are here for you.

I personally stick with 30g or less total as my goal. I did start out with a hard limit of 20g but over the last 5 months I've learned that as long as the extra is just from vegetable fiber that going higher isn't an issue for me.
    My diary is open to friends if you want, you're welcome to send a request and creep through it.
    I typically don't eat breakfast and almost always have 2 large cups of bulletproof coffee. I make mine with 1tsp unrefined coconut oil, 1Tbs heavy cream and some flavored sugar free coffee syrup.
    Lunch is often cheese and pepperoni. Sometimes on a low carb tortilla with marinara sauce to make it a pizza. Otherwise I layer cheese and pepperoni on parchment and broil it til the cheese is crispy on the edges and it's like a pull apart crust less pizza. I kinda love those!
    I have salad pretty often too. And eggs and bacon are definitely a staple food.
    Dinner is usually some kind of grilled meat and some kind of vegetable sautéed in butter.
    I don't too fancy making recipes and stuff too often. But I have made a zucchini lasagne before that was crazy good!
  • Keto_T
    Keto_T Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    i don't eat breakfast but for lunch and dinner tend to cook a huge hunk of meat 1-3 times a week (for example, pork BBQ-no sauce, large roast, several chicken pieces baked at once, etc) and eat on it until it's gone. Also large batches of deviled eggs. It's easier for me if i don't try to make fancy recipes or several different dishes. I don't do many vegetable but when i do it's cabbage, asparagus, mushrooms, summer squash, zucchini, etc)
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    Yes, the Launch Pad is a tremendous resource! Anything below 150 gm of carbs a day is considered lc, so there's a big window to play with. You really have to find the level of lc that works for you, there isn't a majic number that works for all. I recommend cutting them to your lowest, for at least thirty days. See how you feel, then either increase or decrease the carbs to find YOUR sweet spot. It takes a little time, but once you've learned that sweet spot, it gets so much easier! Best of luck to you!

Breakfast:
    Eggs, sausage, bacon, sandwich meat, cheese

Lunch:
    Sandwich meats, cheese, tuna, pork skins, avocado, leftovers, salad with full fat blue cheese dressing

Dinner:
    Meat of choice with some cauliflower dish, Brussels sprouts, mushrooms, salad
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,160 Member
    Options
    I work to keep my carbs <50 grams daily. I can loose slowly eating 2600 calories daily at the weight of 200. 5% carbs, 15% protein and 80% carbs seems to work for me.
  • mfchilambi
    mfchilambi Posts: 34 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Thank you so much for your contributions.......l feel a low carb diet will definetly help me lise the needed weight.Will read more on the Launch pad.thanks once again. <3
  • camtosh
    camtosh Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    Good luck with it, and remember to give it time. It takes a while to get accustomed to lower carbs and higher fat, but eventually your body adjusts. Also, be prepared for low carb flu, and up your salt intake.
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    Don't forget about the high fat portion. Its a whole new way of looking at food! The sooner you get that incorporated with the low carb the greater your success will be. Seems counterintuitive to what you've been taught (insert brainwashed) by the "experts", but is life changing! Don't be afraid of it! Best of luck on your journey!