What changes if I lose 10kg?

Options
Hello :) I plan to lose 10 kg to become 50 kg, and I already lost 1 but it's really slow since my metabolism is just real slow. But I wanna know, if I start getting real disciplined, eat healthy, and exercise a lot to really lose that weight, will I lose my boobs or will my face change and get smaller? Will it do anything to my growth? (I am 18, so not sure if I'm still growing..)

Any tips on how to avoid surpassing my calorie limit would be great too

Replies

• tigerblue
    tigerblue Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    It is different for everyone. I seem to lose all over, rather than just in one area. So I kept my basic shape, but it just got smaller. Boobs got smaller, but so did my torso, so I ended up with the same cup size as before.

And I definitely see it in my face. That is as important to me as the body. I really dislike my face when it is fat!

At your age, everything would change anyway, because even if you aren't growing taller, your body is still maturing. I was practically flat-cheated until I was nearly 30!

So find a weight that is healthy for your height and don't worry about body size. Instead focus on fitness and strength. Build some muscle by lifting weights. It will make things so much better when you get older, as well as making your body look good now.

As for staying within a calorie allowance, that just takes a certain amount of self discipline. And that is not always easy. Making healthier choices will help, as you will have a larger volume of food with fewer calories. (I learned pretty early that if I blew half my calorie allowance on cheesecake, I would run out of calories and be hungry by the end of the day. Suddenly, cheesecake didn't look so appealing!). Also, make sure your calorie goal is reasonable and not too low.
  • niniundlapin
    niniundlapin Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Agree. It all depends on genetics, and maybe the way you use to lose weight.
    My legs and belly are the first place I saw fat-loss, and then boobs, and my hip, arms, & face are the last. Face is the place I'd like to get smaller the most and it's still kind of chubby. My arms are almost the same despite my almost 10-kg weight-loss & it sucks. I didn't have much on my chest to begin with when I was a teenager, so this whole weight-loss thing just made that part my biggest regret. It also depends on how tall you are. In my opinion, 50 kg might still allow a person to "preserve" the body fat for the curve on a 155 cm frame but not so much on a 165+ cm frame. (I'm 166 cm/ 53 kg whereas my sister is 160/59. 3-4 cup size difference because I'm taller/lighter and didn't have the luck to inherit the good genes for bigger top...)

Your age is actually perfect to start all these, I think! Watch your nutrition intake and have a good workout plan will help. Eating enough will provide you enough strength for daily activity and maintain normal body function, and a good workout plan will help you focus on performance and ability to increase metabolism. There's no way to spot reduce (or spot maintain in this case), but the truth is, spot reduce is not controlled by what we do but determined by genetics.

For calories, maybe that depends on what type of person you are and your daily activity/ schedule. I used to snack a lot when I was busying writing papers in college. I'm a carb person and don't have much interest in red meat or greasy food, so controlling my snack intake becomes challenging since almost all snacks are carb-based. A good way I found to control the unnecessary calorie intake is, list out all food you feel irresistible with and give yourself a cheat meal first (I used to use breakfast since I know I'll still be active after that), and then gradually move that to a cheat day (per week or bi-weekly depends on your preference). I don't recommend quitting something you really like (unless it's something health-threatening) since that wold usually end up binge eating...
  • TheGetFitGal
    TheGetFitGal Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Keep losing weight and stop at what u think you look is right! Problem solved
  • Sherryfood95
    Sherryfood95 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    At your age it will come off all the right places. So many young girls think carrying extra weight for a larger chest is sexy, but, the truth is too heavy is just that. Get to healthy spot, if you maintain a healthy weight your height will be fine. I dieted plenty and it never stunted my growth. And, add exercise to the mix. Also, at your age low fat worked best for me. My body handled carbs and lean protein fine but I did exercise a lot.
  • fi_b
    fi_b Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    If your metabolism is a concern for you, definitely have a look a starting some weight training. Building some muscle mass will help burn your fat stores. This will also mean you can (and should) increase you daily calorie allowance so staying under should be a bit easier. And before you start thinking that you'll look all manly and bulky, don't!! You won't. Building that much muscle is actually really, really difficult so unless you're training to look like the hulk it's never going to happen. Instead you will bring down your body fat percentage which is exactly how you achieve a "toned" look.
    What ever you do, just make sure you are getting a well balanced diet :) Lots of fresh fruit and vegetables, lean meats (or protein of choice if you're a vegetarian/vegan), good fats and complex carbs.

Good luck! Feel free to send me a message if you like.

PS building your pectoral muscles (the ones that sit under/above your boobs) will help you stay perky for longer ;)