shoe woes

Options
nilklynn
nilklynn Posts: 61 Member
Hi All,
Are there any other women out there with super huge feet? I am desperately seeking sneakers to workout/run in. I can't find any stores that carry quality shoes in my size in store. I would like to go and try on and actually compare rather than shipping them back one pair at a time. I HATE men's shoes because the proportions are different and they never fit right (I have a closet full of them). Do you have any go-to stores or online places that are good? I wear the equivalent of a Men's 11. Really a woman's 12.5 2E. I keep hoping that with my weight loss my feet will shrink. So far... no dice.

Replies

• grim_traveller
    grim_traveller Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    New Balance makes great sneakers, and a wide variety of sizes and widths. I wear a 14 EEEE, and they are the only place that carries them in stock. If there is a factory store anywhere near you, you can get even better deals. And a lot of there sneakers are made in the US, as well.
  • LaurieLynnBD
    LaurieLynnBD Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I wear a size 11 shoe and also have wide feet. I bought my last pair of New Balance running shoes through the chiropodist. She measured my feet and ordered them in for me. My chiropodist has left town and I'm in need of a new pair. I am now dealing with BioPed and the person there has measured my feet to find a pair that will fit me well. They were more expensive than buying them in a sports store, but they were guaranteed to fit my feet.
  • Moe4572
    Moe4572 Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    I also wear a size 11, and lately my feet have been swelling, so I sometimes need a size 12 Womens.........and I always have good luck with New Balance.
  • garber6th
    garber6th Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    You can also try this site - http://www.joesnewbalanceoutlet.com. They go up to a women's size 14 I believe, various widths, and good deals.
  • krissymae88
    krissymae88 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I don't have any advice for you but I feel your pain! I wear a size 13 women's shoe and I can't find sneakers anywhere! I wish I could have a cute colorful sneakers. :( I'm also hoping my feet will shrink after losing weight.
  • nilklynn
    nilklynn Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Oh, @krissymae88- I hear ya! I've worn new balance for years, they do have the extended sizes. And some are cuter than others! I just want to go try them on rather than order and return, order and return. Plus it's really hard to compare when it's one at a time. If only I had a grand laying around and could order 10 at once!! There are several other companies that are starting to expand their sizes, I just can't find them in store. Someday, when I rule the world... Haha.