Goals - Non Scale?

Options
Do you have any non scale goals you'd like to achieve?

Mine is A pull up! I'm not shooting too high! Just one would be great! I'd like to achieve it by the end of the year but it may take longer. I've never in my life been able to accomplish this task and it has been a goal of mine all year.

Replies

• DeeDiddyGee
    DeeDiddyGee Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    I'd like to fit in size 12 jeans again!
  • pladyp
    pladyp Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    To be able to put on anything in my closet without having to take it right back off because it's to tight.
  • ChandalNicole
    ChandalNicole Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    pladyp wrote: »
    To be able to put on anything in my closet without having to take it right back off because it's to tight.

Pick one item that you absolutely adore and hang it where you can see it daily. Try it on every so often and the day that it fits, it'll be one of the best motivators to keep going! I guarantee it!

I did this with a dress I had bought late fall a few years ago and was never able to wear it come summer or for the 2 summers after that. I FINALLY took the tags off of it this summer and it was the most incredible feeling!
  • ChandalNicole
    Options
    I'd like to fit in size 12 jeans again!

Hard work and dedication will get you there! ;) You could do the same thing if you have an old pair laying about. Sit them out! Have a visual reminder of why you're doing this. Something to keep you moving forward!
  • KenziesFrenzies
    KenziesFrenzies Posts: 1,014 Member
    Options
    I basically just want to look like this. :D:D:D

2D1C154000000578-3260748-image-a-167_1444062148406.jpg
  • CatherineHillin
    CatherineHillin Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I have had the same wardrobe since high school and nothing fits anymore :/ and shopping is just depressing nowadays. My motivation is to be able to wear my old clothes again! My goal is to fit into my old shorts (my old jeans are size 4, I think that's being a little TOO optimistic) and for the jeans I'm wearing now to fall off me! They're 12s I think and I'm getting closer!
  • ChandalNicole
    Options
    I basically just want to look like this. :D:D:D

2D1C154000000578-3260748-image-a-167_1444062148406.jpg

Right there with ya! Lol
  • ChandalNicole
    Options
    I have had the same wardrobe since high school and nothing fits anymore :/ and shopping is just depressing nowadays. My motivation is to be able to wear my old clothes again! My goal is to fit into my old shorts (my old jeans are size 4, I think that's being a little TOO optimistic) and for the jeans I'm wearing now to fall off me! They're 12s I think and I'm getting closer!

Start small! Then when you reach that, you'll get a boost to really push forward to the next one! Before you know it, you'll be further than you could've ever imagined!
  • KenziesFrenzies
    KenziesFrenzies Posts: 1,014 Member
    Options
    Starting small works!!
    My heaviest weight was 225 at a size 18-20, and I shot for a size 12.
    Achieved that, now I'm a 10 and looking to be a 6! It makes it a lot less intimidating, to me, anyway. :)
  • haffsun1
    haffsun1 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I want to hold a plank for 2 minutes
  • lorengetsfit
    lorengetsfit Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I know that it sounds silly, but for the looooongest time I have wanted a standard towel to fit around me. I have noticed that it's getting closer to fitting, but I've still got more inches to lose before it's a good fit.
  • ChandalNicole
    Options
    Starting small works!!
    My heaviest weight was 225 at a size 18-20, and I shot for a size 12.
    Achieved that, now I'm a 10 and looking to be a 6! It makes it a lot less intimidating, to me, anyway. :)

Yes! That's exactly what it does! Great job! :)
  • deety3
    deety3 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Wow - everyone else has great goals! Mine seems so silly, but here it is: I want my lower back to quit aching from having to support all the excess belly fat/flab when I stand for while. lol
  • ChandalNicole
    Options
    haffsun1 wrote: »

Whew! That's a good goal! Best of luck to you. Do lots of core exercises!!
  • ChandalNicole
    Options
    I know that it sounds silly, but for the looooongest time I have wanted a standard towel to fit around me. I have noticed that it's getting closer to fitting, but I've still got more inches to lose before it's a good fit.

That's not silly at all. That's a great goal! I hope it happens for you soon because when it does, you'll feel fantastic! Best wishes!
  • laurainottawa
    laurainottawa Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    haffsun1 wrote: »

That's an awesome goal! I should do that one too.

I have a pair of jeans from grade 7 that I want to fit into again. I bought them at value village, they have no size in them.
  • erebar
    erebar Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    There's a hike where I live that I walk and jog but the initial hill is steep and I'd love to be able to jog up that part! I also have a pair of paints that would be awesome to fit into this winter!
  • KT_3009
    KT_3009 Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    I would love to lose a clothing size by end of 2015 and be able to take part in a 5km run :)
  • ForMe2No
    ForMe2No Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I jog a mile and a half each morning before work. I would like to shave off 4 minutes from my time by the end of the year.
  • aracox
    aracox Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    i want to be able to run an entire 5K. And I'd like to wear sleeveless clothes and feel good about my arms.