Weekly Post 11.10. - 18.10.2015

Options
flumi_f
flumi_f Posts: 1,888 Member
edited October 2015 in Social Groups
Last day in Dublin with the MFP Travelers B)

Two tours today...a historical one and a fun city tour. And then probably good byes in the pub :'(

Off to the airport very early on Monday and then definitely fasting on Tuesday. Lots of food and drinks have gone down the hatch. But we've walked an average of 20000 steps every day being tourists.

Have a great week!

Replies

• sanjoparolas
    sanjoparolas Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    20000 steps a day - fantastic!

I am continuing with 2 fasts per week. I liked having 3 fasts per week last year, but this year my schedule doesn't accommodate it without having to do 2 of the days back-to-back, which I am not interested in doing. I'm a few pounds higher, but stable within my healthy range. Now that I've invested in my wardrobe at this size, my goal is to not change sizes. While attending an Octoberfest party yesterday, my waistband let me know that the feasting part of the celebration needed to stop!
  • flumi_f
    Options
    Well...back from Dublin. Had me an awesome week with great MFP people in a great city :)

Dinner with Twelvesticks, Loupgarou, and their wives as well as Perrinjoshua and myself. The evening ended in a pub with too much alcohol for me :p But it was a heck of alot of fun! B)

qrrwr1qalaav.jpg

We did eat and drink more, than I normally do. While the guys maintained and lost weight...lil' ol' me gained 2kg and came home with a fever. Some is water some is not. 5kg over my steady low of 57kg last summer / fall, so I need to get serious again.

Fasting today and fever has broken, so I think it was due to being very tired at the end. Taking it very easy today. Slept long and am drinking lots of tea. A broth with zucchini, bell pepper and a poached egg for my late lunch today. Off for a nap soon too. Should be up and 'running' again tomorrow ;)

Fast is going well and will probably do another one tomorrow as Thursday and Friday are out of the question this week.

• RatherBeInTheShire
    RatherBeInTheShire Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    hello again!!!! I've been gone for some time, but I'm thinking about doing 5:2 again! I enjoyed talking to everyone here so much! Going on vacation in April, and I'd love to lose these last 15ish lbs! I know that I probably won't lose it all by then, but I consistently lost when I IFed, so I'm probably going to start again!
  • snaps27
    snaps27 Posts: 960 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Welcome back @bbug86 and @flumi_f looks like you had a great time on your trip! Now you need a holiday from your holiday ;)

Fast day yesterday and it went well. Monday was going to be a fast day, but pizza happened for dinner so, no such luck. Having fun with all my new number calculations from my fitbit, but I think I need to keep looking at it for a few more weeks to see how the numbers trend and what range I need to keep them at to help me.
  • flumi_f
    Options
    No fast today. Was just too hungry when I got up. After a very busy day at work, I'm glad I had a real brekkie! Ended at 1100 cals so still a low day. Will try to repeat that tomorrow in order to still attain the overall deficit of two fast days.
  • RatherBeInTheShire
    Options
    Thanks! I think I'm going to start back by doing 1 fast this week and seeing how it goes. I used to do Monday and Thursday, and would like to keep it that way since I normally do not do anything on these days. Think i'll give it a shot. It'll just be hard to not have my morning coffee :(
  • RatherBeInTheShire
    Options
    Good morning! Not sure if I can still post here, but I've decided to start with 16:8 for awhile to get my body back in the swing of things. I woke UP hungry this morning and decided I better eat around noon since I'm not used to doing this! Hope everyone has a great day.
  • flossyruby1
    flossyruby1 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Had my second fast for the week that resulted in a loss of 1.3 lbs (yippee). Circumstances today was ripe for a third and unexpected fast, so I'm not sure how that will affect the scale. While I predict a loss, it doesn't always happen as I think my body "rejects" it (I know that doesn't make sense, but it's the best I could come up with :* ) by gaining a bit or staying the same. We will see...
  • KateNkognito
    KateNkognito Posts: 1,525 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    I have been looking over my data on MFP to see what I have been doing "wrong" since I started back to work for the school year. It turns out that I am not doing as badly as I thought. I have still averaged .5 lb per week as opposed to 1 lb per week over the summer. I was hoping to be at my goal by the end of the calendar year. That just isn't going to happen. So, a realistic goal is to be there by the end of the school year. And, I am ok with that. This is the first time losing weight that I am really ready to do it and am not sabotaging myself. I am ready to face the world without my large behind as a shield. Fat makes a great excuse for not doing things. And I am finally ready to face the world without it. This is a lot longer and more rambling than I intended. But, there it all is. :)
  • flossyruby1
    flossyruby1 Posts: 337 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    I had yet another fast today due to stress related to family and the holidays.
  • Marmitegeoff
    Marmitegeoff Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I need to get back to MFP. I have had a few weeks off, still on 5:2 but going a little out of shape on none fasting days so I am back.
  • sanjoparolas
    sanjoparolas Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    I agree that it is helpful to check in with MFP regularly to keep focused on healthy living.