Suggestions for getting down some coconut oil?

Options
mspr1nt
mspr1nt Posts: 30 Member
I know some hardened low carbers can just eat the stuff straight, but that just feels like chewing on candle wax for me. Just wondering, other than the bulletproof coffee, what tasty and creative ways can people recommend for getting it down?

Can I mix in some pure coco powder and a bit of stevia to cure some sweet cravings?

Replies

• ettaterrell
    ettaterrell Posts: 887 Member
    Options
    I don't do the butter coffee but I do put cco in my coffee (1/2 tsp)to up my fat intake and besides the very soft lips it gives me I can't tell its in theire
  • ettaterrell
    ettaterrell Posts: 887 Member
    Options
    That and heavy cream
  • totaloblivia
    totaloblivia Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    You could make a fat bomb with it - you'll be able to find some recipes. Otherwise, I just use it for cooking stuff in, then it's there but without having to chug it down straight.
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    I agree with @totaloblivia, just incorporate it into your cooking or add it to other fats like peanut butter. Fat bombs look tasty too.
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    mspr1nt wrote: »
    I know some hardened low carbers can just eat the stuff straight, but that just feels like chewing on candle wax for me. Just wondering, other than the bulletproof coffee, what tasty and creative ways can people recommend for getting it down?

Can I mix in some pure coco powder and a bit of stevia to cure some sweet cravings?

Yes, you can do that. I've seen recipes for keto ice cream that use that basic formula to make "chocolate chips" in the ice cream...etc.

Me personally, if you don't want to cook with it, you can literally soften or melt it, then blend it into anything. I do that with my chocolate hemp protein shake. Melt it, blend it in, pour it, and refrigerate overnight. If you blend well enough, it does not harden back out, even after days in the fridge (I make it 3 days at a time...)...
  • fuelednfit
    fuelednfit Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    You can have fried eggs with it I had it for breakfast and also tons of fat bomb recipes call for it. Search fat bombs on pinterest
  • carolrosehill
    carolrosehill Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I just discovered that Quest Nutrition makes a powdered version of MCT oil and coconut oil. That sounds like it has potential for adding to protein shakes or even maybe tea/coffee. I hate my coffee anything but black but I'm hoping this might be less nauseating than the regular BPC. Anyone tried these?
  • mspr1nt
    mspr1nt Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Thanks all.

Tried some with protein shake powder (chocolate) and just a dash of double cream yoghurt and it was super yum. Like chocolate mousse basically. Will investigate the fat bombs
  • robosphere
    robosphere Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Thanks for this thread! I was playing around in the kitchen the other day, trying to make something like fat bombs without even knowing it had a name. These recipes are very helpful!