Is anyone in the West Palm Beach or S. Florida area?

Options
swerdygnome
swerdygnome Posts: 88 Member
I'm considering starting a WLS MeetUp but trying to guage interest first. I've kept the surgery a secret from the majority of everyone I know, so it'd be nice to become friends with other who can relate to the odd eating and crazy stomach noises. =)

Replies

• anbrdr
    anbrdr Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Contact some of the local Bari centers to see if there are any already formed groups, or check on Meetup. I've been trying to find a group of people to group with, myself.
  • ssbeadlady
    ssbeadlady Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I know the individual hospitals in the areas have a monthly support group. I believe you can attend some of them even if you have not had your surgery done by them. Also if you email me I will direct you to another site that does have online support for our area. I have not been sleeved yet but hopefully my insurance will finally approve. My surgeon is thinking sometime in Jan I will have the sleeve and he will take out my diseased gallbladder.
    When did you have your surgery, what kind and how are you doing?
  • swerdygnome
    swerdygnome Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the idea about the other site! I just tried posting there. I was sleeved in Mexico actually on 5/29/15. Doing GREAT...clothes are falling off and I haven't had any issues at all. I only wish I'd done this sooner. :smiley:
  • kimgravitt3
    kimgravitt3 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    They actually offer a support group at the hospital where I'm having surgery. I'm required to go five times after surgery, but haven't been because of the logistics. I drive 30 miles to work every day and the meeting is 30 miles away from my home in the opposite direction. Not sure I can get there at 6:00, but definitely going to try. Just talking with people on this site has helped me tremendously.
  • metalmaiden63217
    metalmaiden63217 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I live in SWFL, and will be getting my sleeve early 2016 :)