Introductions

Options
jafy1990
jafy1990 Posts: 128 Member
This is somewhere you can talk about your self, why you are doing the 21 day fix. what is your end goal by the end of the 21 day fix.

Your name age or whatever you want to share. :smile:

Replies

• jafy1990
    Options
    To start off my name is Jenn I am 25 years old. I live in Ontario Canada. I started off doing the 21 day fix because I am really bad with eating. I am good at working out and would spend hours and hours working out and staying active. but when you don't eat right there isn't much of a point.

when I found out about this challenge I liked it because you can still cheat when you want to but in the right portion. and it not just a diet it teaches you how to eat properly. the right portions of that you are suppose to eat. Also help to teach you that I have to eat fruits and veggies (my hard part)

I have been doing MFP for years now and I get really good at tracking what I am eating, but when I was eating mostly carbs and protein and fat didn't do whole lot for me.

I still need so support to break bad habits and to eat healthy. I did this challenge already but I didn't stick to it 100% .

I am hoping with support I can stick with it.
  • Abowman806
    Abowman806 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hi! My name is Aimee, 28 mom of 2. I'm using the 21 day challenge to Kickstart me back into eating healthy and working out. Chasing a toddler is exhausting when you have a few pounds too many haha
  • ATLsMommy76
    ATLsMommy76 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    My name is Kristen, I'm a 38 year old mom of 3. (18, 13, & 5) I have literally tried everything with no real results (after getting the calorie bracket from the 21 day fix, I seem to have been starving myself). I wasn't eating anywhere near the recommended calories that the 21 day fix suggests...I've been overweight since I gave birth to my first child. I don't want to go into my 40's like that.
  • carlotta
    carlotta Posts: 46 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    im 5'2, about 45 pounds overweight and turning 40 next may. I am tired of aching every time I get out of bed, tired of feeling tired all the time, worried about becoming diabetic and very worried about my daughter who seems to be on the same track as I am.
    I have the 21 day for awhile now and I feel so stressed about it that I have ignored it. I want to start the exercise first (its hard to believe last year I ran 2 half marathons like this) and then add the food.
  • kbgiggle
    kbgiggle Posts: 41 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Hi all my name is Kristie. I am 41 and a mom of 2 just had my 2nd in May...I was losing really well before I got pregnant.. 20lbs and now nothing :( I am 5lbs more then I was pre pregnancy but still wanted to lose more. I started working out the second my Dr gave the ok with Turbofire..lost some inches but no weight so I figure it's in my diet which I thought was pretty good so decided to try 21 day fix Started officially yesterday. I played with the containers last week felt like I was starving so I tweaked things a little. I am 5'4 144 lbs. I have been overweight too long and so very tired of it I want to feel and look fit...So excited to get out of the 140's my mini goal is 135 see how I look and feel love to see 125 it's been too long ;)
  • Renzi27
    Renzi27 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Amy - 41 years old mom of 3. Been up and down with my weight for a while, looking to get back into the 120's..I'm 5'. I like the workouts with the 21 day fix and think Autumn is a good motivator but have to admit I didn't shell out the extra $$ for the Shakeology. I just replace with the GNC total lean shakes instead. Hopefully that won't be a HUGE difference in weight loss.

Day 1 started Monday. Love the total body cardio but my legs are still sore! Look like I'm 80 going down stairs...LOL! The lower body workout for today (day 3) scares me since I'm still sore from day 1..when I do it later I'll most likely be the modifier..at least for now!

Good luck everyone!
  • msnuge
    msnuge Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi, all! I'm Meghan, a 42 year old teacher. I've been teaching Theatre for the last 17 years, and I love it. I won't go into full detail, but know that for the 10 months of the school year, I regularly (4 days a week at a minimum) worked 14 hour days. After 17 years of that, I am now 197 pounds. I began this job at 145. I wasn't in great shape, but I walked all the time and worked out with some frequency since I was a rower. I needed to make changes that weren't possible in my job, so I switched to teaching English.

This past summer, my doctor officially diagnosed me as prediabetic with high cholesterol, and said that I'm close to metabolic syndrome - that cluster of diseases related to being overweight. I'm excited about the possibilities here! In addition to 21 Day fix (which I'm mostly using to kickstart, but may do multiple rounds), I've also rejoined my yoga studio.
  • jafy1990
    Options
    nice to meet you guys :smile: I really hope we can motivate each other and lose this weight together
  • marixa11
    marixa11 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone my name is Maritza I'm a mom of 2 boys(2yrs, 6mo) I started 21df in may to loose some baby weight for my wedding in July. I looked great!! But I joked around about letting myself go after wedding, and I guess I wasn't kidding. I'm here again starting all over again.
    I am 5'2 159lb goal weight is 145lb
    Let's do this my friends ❤
  • tropics02
    tropics02 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi, My name is Bonnie and I am turning 50. I used to be in better shape, but now, everything is sagging, and the pounds are piling on. I've gained 25 pounds above my ideal weight and I can't fit into my clothes anymore because my belly has gotten big. (I never gained weight in my waist before.) I wanted to start something positive that can help me feel good about myself as I age. I don't want to just sit down and become old. I am on day 3 of 21 Day Fix. I hope I can lose some weight and get strong. I think I might have to eat only 500 calories a day to lose weight. Even with 1200, I'm not confident that I can lose, but I'm going to try.
  • flab2fab48
    flab2fab48 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Kim, 48 and this is Day 1 for me again. I started about 2 months ago and did really well first 2 weeks but never quite made it to week 3. Not sure why I gave up. I felt so much better and lost weight but for some reason I sabotaged myself and gained the weight back. I started eating whatever I wanted and then making the excuse well I already ate pizza no sense in exercising, I'll start again tomorrow. Only problem is tomorrow turned in to 1.5 months. I am 5'4 165lbs, goal weight 145lbs and hoping to stay focused and motivated to finally achieve my goal.
  • chrissy37601
    chrissy37601 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Chrissy age 41. Me and my husband started 21dfx because we both have put on 15-20 pounds in the last 2 years. I have used mfp for a few years so I am still tracking my calories. We have 2 boys that are involved in sports so we have missed out on exercising. Good luck to everyone!
  • tropics02
    tropics02 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Good luck Kim and Chrissy! Let's finish this thing!!
  • chrissy37601
    chrissy37601 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    :)
  • Runner42151
    Runner42151 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Lucia and I am 64 years old. I have a very stressful job and find that I compromise my workouts a lot for it - which means I also compromise my eating. I have 30 pounds to lose and struggle with putting me first. My daughter has done the 21df and loves it - thought I would give it a try so I ordered I yesterday. I am looking forward to starting - but naturally next week I will be traveling 3 days so that will be hard to stay on track. Question for those of you who have been on the program - its one of those DUH questions - for the yellow container for carbs - how do you measure a bagel or English muffin - I don't really want to have to cut it into little pieces to get it in a container and then try to eat the pieces. LOL
  • kbgiggle
    kbgiggle Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I believe in the booklet you receive it will tell you what a slice of bread is not sure about bagels but it has a section for foods that will not fit. :smile:
  • Runner42151
    Runner42151 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Thank you - I received my program today and am now understand how it works.
  • chipper15173
    chipper15173 Posts: 3,981 Member
    Options
    hi, my name is cathy. i am 56. i have lost a total of 121 lbs since 6/06. two years ago i had excess skin removed. when i returned to the gym, my support was gone. they didn't bother to help me get back to where i was before surgery. so in this time i have gained back 52.6 lbs as of this morning. i lost most of my weight on weight watchers. i bought the 21DF a few months back. did the first round lost 5 lbs. life happened and i didn't repeat. tried going back on WW, found i liked using my boxes. i just use them as a tool. i don't fully stick to the allowed foods (for many reasons). one, i won't be living the rest of my life with only those foods. i have to live with the foods that come into my house, and are with me when we take the RV out.
    i am getting ready to start round 2.
  • Shannonscott10
    Shannonscott10 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi guys! I was wondering if you could tell me your suggestions for entering the workouts as exercise in the MFP diary?