What's for dinner?

Options
AngInCanada
AngInCanada Posts: 947 Member
I'm stumped on what to make tonight? I do have a package of ground elk out for dinner so I was thinking maybe meatloaf....but I'm not set on that.

Replies

• NewSue52
    NewSue52 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I've never had elk. We're having egg roll in a bowl
  • Kitnthecat
    Kitnthecat Posts: 2,056 Member
    Options
    I bet ground elk would be good for scotch eggs, since it is lean. Elk balls and spaghetti squash ? Hee hee. Sorry.. Bacon wrapped elk loaf, or elk burgers?

I've got a couple of black bear roasts in the oven right now, smells good, hope it turns out.
  • petunia773
    petunia773 Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    I made taco meat and I had mine on lettuce and the others had soft shell tacos.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Kitnthecat wrote: »
    I bet ground elk would be good for scotch eggs, since it is lean. Elk balls and spaghetti squash ? Hee hee. Sorry.. Bacon wrapped elk loaf, or elk burgers?

I've got a couple of black bear roasts in the oven right now, smells good, hope it turns out.

Sorry, have to ask @Kitnthecat , Are you talking about an actual bear? I'm in Australia, I didn't think people killed or ate bears :disappointed:

• tmdalton849
    tmdalton849 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    i ate about half a lb. of raw 73/27. ground beef. think that's dinner. (:
  • Kitnthecat
    Options
    Yes actual black bear, it smells divine right now, 45 minutes till supper.
  • Kitnthecat
    Options
    Here's my roast black bear, braised in bear broth with some red wine, spices and tamari, served with a tiny bit of red skinned organic potatoes and a lot of mushrooms sautéed in butter, with gravy on top, and a glass of Shiraz.z6cu32dflzvq.jpg
    The meat fell apart like pulled pork and tastes like a richer tasting beef. It's quite good, if I do say so myself.
  • sylvettecorprewharris
    Options
    Black bear and elk?
  • sylvettecorprewharris
    Options
    I ate fried chicken, no flour and cooked in coconut oil. Spinach cooked with hamhocs
  • Kitnthecat
    Options
    That sounds good !
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    Yum Janice!! It looks divine! But I don't believe I will ever be faced with the choice of having black bear on my dinner plate. I don't believe elk will ever be a choice either, but I'm sure it's delicious too!

I did boneless pork chops smothered in tomato sauce mixed with hwc and some oven roasted broccoli. Boring, but yummy! That's boring to me compared to the exotic bear and elk that is!
  • fastforlife1
    fastforlife1 Posts: 459 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    i ate about half a lb. of raw 73/27. ground beef. think that's dinner. (:

Yikes! 6 oz Chicken breast -no skin- boiled in water with curry - homemade sesame dressing on top. Mozzarella cheese stick for desert. about 500 calories.
  • AngInCanada
    AngInCanada Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    Black bear and elk?

Lol I think we are both Canadian too. Hahahahaha
  • KarlaYP
    Options
    @tmdalton849! I will eat it raw when fresh, just not that much, and definitely NOT in front of my family! Hubby would think I was ready for a padded room, lol!!
  • tmdalton849
    tmdalton849 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    :)
  • ettaterrell
    ettaterrell Posts: 887 Member
    Options
    Well it's to late but I would have done. Taco salad! With sour cream!! Yummy
  • Kitnthecat
    Options
    Yes Ang, we're both Canadian! But now I need to try raw meat for my next challenge, darn it!
  • KarlaYP
    Options
    :smiley: grew up eating raw beef with my mom. Never enough for a meal, just a bite here and there. It's a secret I keep though, because I do think my husband would think I had lost my mind, lol!
  • lodro
    lodro Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    In my case it's the lupine/soy sausage made by The Vegetarian Butcher (Dutch company), braised sauerkraut with a mushroom jus and aligot (a sauce/mash made form cauliflower, sour cream, butter and loads of cheese). I guess my faux-bratwurst can be exchanged for a meat based one.
  • Lillith32
    Lillith32 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Dinner last night was 5 B-Dubs naked chicken wings and blue cheese sauce. Tonight either nothing or chicken marsala, we will see how I feel after the gym. @lodro, that meal sounds all kinds of yummy (I'm allergic to soy, so it would be a meat based wurst).