Week of 19th goals and progress.. Where are you guys?

barbhat13
barbhat13 Posts: 725 Member
Trail Run this coming up weekend
1. Walk /run each day. No pain
2. Swim Monday and Tuesday
3. Bike at least once for long ride
4. Carb count if not logging
5. Meals less than 500 calories when eating out.( got out of town guests for race and birthday parties)
6. Exercise bike to point of out of breath... Tend to slow down watching TV
7. 23a0sksm4dqr.jpeg

Replies

• SweetPeasMom55
    SweetPeasMom55 Posts: 3,468 Member
    I'm working extra shifts just finished a double today my goal is to do some form of exercise everyday even with the extra work load. I am exhausted but soon the snow will be flying and I will be happy I banked the extra shifts when I did.
  • barbhat13
    Doubles! Not me anymore... But I did learn to walk the parking garage ramps before driving home from work when I worked day shift... Still trying to figure out evening shift.... Did change post work eating habits and actually rode exercise bike after work Saturday.... Trying to build new habits
  • freyjac
    freyjac Posts: 205 Member
    Well I haven't actually posted on here in several weeks. I have continued to log what i eat however not that I have been eating healthy however. I have been stressed and sick. I still have a bit of a cough but i have been getting back into my running. Which I am happy about. I am slow but i am happy to be doing it again. I have been losing and gaining the same 2-3 lbs this whole challenge and it is driving me crazy but I refuse to give up even though i want to sometimes.
    My goals for this week include
    1) get plenty of rest.
    2) run 9-10 miles this week
    3) more fruits and veggies( at least 5 -6 servings a day)
    4) drink plenty of water
    5) stay away from the sweets at least 6 days this week. This will give me one day to enjoy something.
    6) bike 10 miles this week

Good Luck everyone these last couple weeks!
  • SweetPeasMom55
    LOL I got home yesterday ate took a bath and my hubby goes where are you going and I was like to bed I'm exhausted. He was you will never sleep through the night. Well I did and already have 2 loads of laundry done and am going to hit the road and get the errands done before someone calls me to cover another shift. :D My goal is to bank all this just in case we have a bad winter and I can stay home. LOL Granted last years coffer went to get my daughters car fixed when she put it in a ditch when I told her to stay put. Hopefully she learned her lesson.

When I work doubles I do aerobics tapes as they seem to stretch more muscles. I was going to walk during my lunch the other day but it started to hail and I was like nope I'll do something else. ;)
  • barbhat13
    Pinktogo... Got a daughter like that too...I live in warmer weather so my bike riding and running distances will increase... Open water swims end this month.. No wetsuit swimming for me
  • barbhat13
    Freyjac...sorry that you have been sick... I too have done that weight loss yo-yo... But lost my logging habits... Technical problem then just got out of the habit....
  • barbhat13
    So happy... Ran almost an hour in twenty minutes runs with five min walks in-between testing out partially ruptured calf muscle recovery... Back on the trails cautiously
    nhcjlvbzuned.jpg

• JreedyJanelle
    JreedyJanelle Posts: 645 Member
    I did a 5k this weekend. Did my personal best. Caught a cold from my granddaughter so I've been sick since. Doing a bit better now. I am doing a fall cleanse, and doing great on it.

Goals this week is to drink water,
    Run, workout and get well
  • barbhat13
    Jreedy... Congrats on your PB 5k..... I'm doing a 8k trail run Saturday but prepared to stop and walk if calf muscle acts up.... One more OWS and group tri practice this season...
  • JreedyJanelle
    JreedyJanelle Posts: 645 Member
    Good for you Barbhat13, I dropped 2 pounds this week, hope it stays off.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    edited October 2015
    Congrats on the runs and weight loss!

Ugh -- I've been completely ignoring this challenge and feel kind of bad about it. Life and work have both been really stressful. I'm actually hoping everything will get back to normal around Halloween.
  • barbhat13
    Trail race this morning...took it very easy and injuried calf muscle made it! Now 6 week recovery time ...... Time to buckle down and lose this weight..... Gained weight last year after this race so planning lots of pool time and increasing bike time.... Need to get back to logging....
  • SweetPeasMom55
    @lemurcat12 Know where you are coming from we just got a new computer system at my place of work and the thing has crashed has had numerous system failures and How come when I call the other branches to ask questions they are clueless like Oh we haven't had that problem yet. My boss thinks I am some kind of miracle worker and it's just not going to happen. Tomorrow I really need to get on the treadmill before I go to work to calm down. LOL
  • barbhat13
    Got twenty miles in on bike.... Although injuried calf protesting.... So less miles next time to allow better recovery... Time to refocus
  • SweetPeasMom55
    Great job @barbhat13 I had the munchies for candy today but to get it I made myself exercise. so I ended up doing 140 minutes lol. I kept thinking my body would say nope not worth it. But nope I went exercised then went and got the candy. LOL Now I can say I am pooped and I don't want anymore. :)
  • barbhat13
    I am just too weak to have candy in the house! Ate a bunch in Sept so have been on a candy and dessert fast till tonight.. Daughter and sister birthday dinner.. Maybe I should be like you 2020pinktogo and make myself exercise before first!
  • barbhat13
    barbhat13 wrote: »
    Trail Run this coming up weekend
    1. Walk /run each day. No pain 50%
    2. Swim Monday and Tuesday50%
    3. Bike at least once for long ride 100%
    4. Carb count if not logging 0%
    5. Meals less than 500 calories when eating out.( got out of town guests for race and birthday parties) too many sandwiches
    6. Exercise bike to point of out of breath... 0%