Fell off the wagon

Options
Hi everyone, well.......... it was my birthday back in September. Up to that point I had been doing so well. I was sticking to my calorie allowance daily and also exercising frequently.... BUT and it is a big BUTT.... after my birthday weekend I just completely lost it. I know what I should be doing but I cant seem so be able to stick to it for more than a day. I've undone all my hard work and I don't know how to get back. Help me please xx

Replies

• Graymanstole
    Graymanstole Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Deep breath. Look at yourself in the mirror. Smile (you have a beautiful smile), and remind yourself that it's okay to make mistakes. It's okay to fall down once in a while. This journey is not about being perfect, it's about making progress. And starting TODAY you will make good choices. Challenge yourself to do just one day, just one, of nothing but good choices. Repeat this tomorrow. And the day after. And so on. Also remember, there are those of us on here who also make the same mistakes, have our bad days. Feel unmotivated, feel like quitting. But sometimes all it takes is just knowing someone out there is rooting for us to succeed. I'm rooting for you! Good luck!
  • skinnysuzy74
    skinnysuzy74 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    @Graymanstole Thankyou so much. I really appreciate you replying to me. Today so far is a good day. Im thinking its because I'm talking on here. I've been embarrassed to admit I messed up. Thankyou for your wisdom and encouragement xxx
  • kcpond
    kcpond Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    You know you can do it as you have already done it. This happens to a lot of people, including myself. Don't be embarrassed about it. You were in a habit than change happened. You have to get back into that habit which will take time and patience. Take it one day at a time. Keep smiling :smile: !!
  • Runagain_4
    Runagain_4 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Deep breath. Look at yourself in the mirror. Smile (you have a beautiful smile), and remind yourself that it's okay to make mistakes. It's okay to fall down once in a while. This journey is not about being perfect, it's about making progress. And starting TODAY you will make good choices. Challenge yourself to do just one day, just one, of nothing but good choices. Repeat this tomorrow. And the day after. And so on. Also remember, there are those of us on here who also make the same mistakes, have our bad days. Feel unmotivated, feel like quitting. But sometimes all it takes is just knowing someone out there is rooting for us to succeed. I'm rooting for you! Good luck!

Love what Graymanstole said.
    Last week my husband found a quote: ''Forget about perfection. Trust in the process.'' Since I started logging again in August of this year, I've had good days and bad. I have days where I lose weight, days where I gain. Days where I eat under calorie, days when I eat over. Days where I exercise, days where I don't. But not a single day without hope. That's what's different this time around. I start off each day telling myself I'm going to make good choices. And I mentally celebrate those choices every time I make one. I make bad choices too, but I move on quickly and tell myself the next one will be good. I haven't been perfect, but I've trusted in the process.
    I'm rooting for you too :smiley:
  • LadyJ1975
    LadyJ1975 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Falling off the health wagon happens to all of us, you are not alone. Dust off your bottom and work your way back on. Smile and let yorself move forward without guilt. Some days are better than others and it's ok to ask for help. Congrats on your journey, it's not always an easy one.
  • SwissDave
    SwissDave Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Don't worry, its what you do next that matters. I'm working hard to undo my regression over the summer. :neutral: