Introductions

Options
I'm Jenna, have 1 child (8.5 month boy), I'm 34, married. I live in Albuquerque. When I was pregnant between morning sickness and my metabolism speeding up I lost 16 lbs. I had my son and within a month I had gained the weight back. I felt so weighted down and sluggish. I decided I needed to do something different. I'm a sleep deprived Mama but feel better. I am about 5 weeks into getting serious about a healthy lifestyle.

Replies

• heathmarie143
    heathmarie143 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I'm Heather, I'm 29 years old and live in Pittsburgh. I have a 3.5 year old and a 4 month old, both boys. It took me close to 3 years to start losing the baby weight after my first son, and I'm determined not to wait that long this time around. I only gained 17 lbs this pregnancy and about a week postpartum I was only 2 lbs away from my pre-pregnancy weight. Unfortunately, I've started putting it all back on. I know that I should be proud of my body because I gave birth to two beautiful little boys, but I'm not. I'm tired of not fitting in my clothes and being uncomfortable with how I look. I'm tired of feeling so run down all the time and having no energy to play with my boys. I'm ready to finally be healthy and fit. I need to start taking care of myself so that I can take care of my family.
  • Watch_Me_Shine416
    Watch_Me_Shine416 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I'm Larissa and I'm 26 years old and live in Cleveland OH. I'm a SAHM to my beautiful 5 month old daughter Aubree. I was able to lose 40lbs pre-pregnancy, but gained 33lbs while pregnant. I'm now looking to lose the baby weight and more. I am almost two weeks into my weight loss journey and down 2.8lbs! I'm EBF so it's been a little more complicated this time around because I don't want to lose my milk supply. My daughter is my motivation. I want to be able to run around with her when she's older and I'd like to feel good about myself again. I want her and my hubby to be proud of my accomplishments!
  • gutznglory
    gutznglory Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi, everyone! It's great to learn more about you! I look forward to supporting you in your goals, and I hope you will do the same for me!

I'm a 30 year old SAHM in Utah, USA with 3 kids, a 4yo boy, 2 1/2 yo boy and an 11mo girl. All little cuties, all morning kids (6:15 regular wakers), and full of energy all day. I had hoped for a lap baby with my baby girl...she sure loves to snuggle and to be held, but she is quick to follow her busy brothers and loves to explore. Which means, we are always on the move.

I have always felt a little fat, even though I was in basketball and soccer year round ever since I was 11, and it doesn't help that even at a normal 5'6" and 150 lbs (oh, those were the days, lol), I was still considered obese by the BMI index. Silly thing...Anyways, I broke the 200 lb barrier with my 2nd and 3rd pregnancies, a thing which shocked and embarrassed me, and now I just want to get down to a weight where I feel able to run and jump again without hurting myself. After being so active as a teenager, I've had to slowly discover the ways that I enjoy exercising without organized sports--jogging with strollers, training for triathlons, and going for nighttime walks with my hubby while the kids are all asleep.

I also have a husband with chronic back pain who has had 2 back surgeries. He will forever be in some sort of pain unless Heavenly Father grants us a miracle and heals him. Doctors tell him to lose weight, so here we are, in this together and trying really hard to be stronger. He has up days, and weeks, and months...and he also has lots of down days, weeks, months, etc... I am the caretaker and even as I struggle with my own depressing days or weeks, I'm seeking to find a way to be happy no matter how he is feeling that day. I love him dearly, I knew of his condition before we married, and I'm grateful for everything he is able to do, like hold a steady job and to rough house with his boys. I'm simply seeking to find a way to be happy no matter how he is feeling that day.