Frustrated

Options
I am having constant nausea. So far nothing helps. I can't get my vitamins in. I can't get hardly any protein in and I struggle with getting liquids in. I don't want to put anything in my mouth because it makes the nausea worse. I had RNY 3 weeks ago. I really hope it resolves soon.

Replies

• anbrdr
    anbrdr Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    That really sucks. I wish I had some help for this, but I don't. I think if you look back, Marta and Viki both had the same issues. I know there was at least one thread.

Are you having reflux, or actual acidic vomit?
  • dragonflies6
    dragonflies6 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    anbrdr wrote: »
    That really sucks. I wish I had some help for this, but I don't. I think if you look back, Marta and Viki both had the same issues. I know there was at least one thread.

Are you having reflux, or actual acidic vomit?

No, no reflux or any kind of vomiting. Just nausea and diarrhea which amazes me because I hardly eat anything. TMI, sorry.
  • ThinGwen
    ThinGwen Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Talk to your doctor, they might be able help you with a script.
  • loveshoe
    loveshoe Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    I had a few bouts of nausea after surgery and was given a prescription patch to wear. The patch lasted about 3 days and then would need to be replaced. I would call the doctor he can give you something to help with the nausea.
  • martabeerich
    martabeerich Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Were you lactose intolerant before? This sounds like a friend who her VSG triggered lactose intolerance. I've tried to use only lactose free dairy to prevent any issues because of it. (The product I use all also has more protein than milk and tastes the same.) For me, I got a prescription to anti nausea meds since I came out of anesthesia dry heaving. But by week 4-5 it wasn't a problem anymore. Week 10 the chronic heartburn is nearly gone. I suspect now that the majority of my issues were anesthesia based. (Except the heartburn.) Talk to your doctor!