Introduce Yourself and Your Goal!

Options
Hey Everyone!
I figured I would start this thread so we can all put our goals for the next 10 weeks somewhere :)

My name is Jeanne. I am a 30-year old working mom. I started my weight loss journey over 2 years ago, but have had many bumps and detours. I renewed my efforts in July, and have so far lost about 40 lbs.

Highest Weight: 327
Challenge Start Weight: 272.3
Challenge Goal Weight: 250.0

Fitness & Health Goals:
1. Get 50,000 or more steps per week
2. Finish a 10k
3. Be better about watching Macros

Replies

• Moonbaby779
    Moonbaby779 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Hi everyone!! I'm Sam, I'm a single mother of two boys. My youngest was born July of this year! I've always been a little overweight, after having my son so, I decided to fight. here I am, parenting two boys alone is hard, so I'm here to motivate everyone and myself along the way.

My highest weight was : 250
    Challenge start weight is : 219
    Challenge goal weight is : 199 or lower

Fitness & health goals
    1. No more white breads
    2. Do yoga and zumba at least twice a week
    3. 3. Water water water
  • tashatashae
    tashatashae Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    HI, I'm tasha im a mother of 2 boys also married.. I always been fat period no way around saying that lol. my boys are 3 months and 18 months. I also had a baby in july @ Moonbaby770.
    Highest weight: 280 this weight was years before i got pregnant.
    Challenge weight: 247
    Challenge goal weight:219 thats reaching but hey!

Fitness & health goals
    1.hit nutrition goals
    2. Exercise 6 days a week
    3. water
  • rankinsect
    rankinsect Posts: 2,238 Member
    Options
    Paul, not a mother of any boys :smiley: nor a father of anyone for that matter.

Highest weight ever: close to 350
    MFP start weight: 319
    Challenge Start Weight: 274
    Challenge Goal Weight: 255

Fitness goals: Keep up with exercise over the holidays!
  • tashatashae
    tashatashae Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    lol @ Paul..'waves' hi Paul
  • Moonbaby779
    Moonbaby779 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Whoops, I forgot to put my age lol, I'm 25 XD
  • ugoboytoo
    ugoboytoo Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hello...I am 58yo married and weighed 350 on Sept 24 on my visit to my doctor. I don't know too many people that are my age or older at that weight.....they must be extinct.... So, I am pretty serious about my situation and would like to be at 250 next September. MFP says if I eat 2,060 calories a day I should reach that goal. I started MFP on 6th Oct. I don't own scales. I think I have lost about 20 pounds since my Dr visit because I have already dropped a pant size, which typically equates to 20 pounds for me based on prior dieting. I have probably lost my current weight over my lifetime and put it back on again. Up 35, down 35 ten times is my weight on Sept 24. So far, I have met my calorie goal every day but one. I am determined to see this through, one day at a time. I have decided to wait and start excersizing after I get below 300 pounds as I don't want to over stress my ticket.

Thanks for helping with your likes and comments.

Steve.
  • kmann0519
    kmann0519 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm Karen. Mother of two kids - 6 yo girl and 18 month old boy. I am at my highest ever weight now. I was not able to lose any weight after my son was born and have been going up steadily over the last few months. I need to have some surgery in January and am using that as motivation to drop some pounds. Hopefully being a bit lighter will speed my recovery and aid in the success of my surgery so.... Starting weight is 192 and goal weight is 175.
  • sepoep2
    sepoep2 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm Samantha. 27yrs young, mother of an 18 mo old boy and 3 month old girl (Haag yay July babies)!

Always been a struggle to keep weight in check but since college, marriage, 2 kids it's crept on again.

Been in a Halloween weight loss challenge and lost 16lbs in the last 8 weeks.

Challenge Start Weight: 174.4
    Challenge Goal Weight: 165
  • edh230300
    edh230300 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Erin, recently finished high school and realised the freshman 15 wasn't just a myth! I am at my highest weight, 163 pounds at 5"7. Used to be involved in various sports during high school including rowing which made my appetite really big. Since finishing high school I haven't done much in the way of exercise so not only did I gain 15 pounds, but I gained 22 hahaha :smile:
    My goal weight is to loose as much of that 22 pounds as I can before new year (New Year in Australia will mean beaches and bikinis)! Let the running and rowing machine become a part of my life once again :wink:
    Good luck everyone!

Goals:
    Eat less sugar
    Drink more water
    Make at least half my meal vegetables :)
  • emb369
    emb369 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm Liz and my weight loss journey has been a struggle. I started running a few years ago, triathlon recently, and though I'm not eating McDonald's on the reg now, I am not seeing the scale dip more than 10 lbs and then I get discouraged put it all back on!

I am in my friend's wedding in 2016 so would like to look more in shape by then.

Challenge Start Weight: 162
    Challenge Goal Weight: 145
  • schroederkl
    schroederkl Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hey there! My name is Kellie. I'm 30 years old and a single mother of one 10 year old. My weight has been all over the place and I've struggled with binge eating most of my life. Currently on the upswing and looking forward to getting healthy
    CW: 210.5
    GW: 191 for the challenge. My ultimate goal is 145
  • catamongthepixies
    Options
    Hello everyone! My name is Taylor, and I'm a 23 year old teaching English overseas. I was always overweight until college, when I lost a lot of pounds and got really fit. But the stress of my last year, plus moving to another country, ended up bringing me right back to where I started and then some. Just started MFP, so I'm looking forward to my first challenge to kick start getting to my goals!

Challenge Starting Weight: 197 lbs
    Challenge Goal Weight: 177 lbs
  • MistiStubbs
    MistiStubbs Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! My name is Misti. I'm a 47 year old mother of 3 ages 19, 17, 12. My highest weight (not being pregnant) was 170.8 about 14 weeks ago when I started logging my food in mfp and working out.
    My current weight is 154.6
    Challenge goal weight is 144.0 or less. My ultimate goal is between 135-140.
  • niajones95
    niajones95 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Nia, twenty years old, and a Uni student
    Just under 5'7
    Starting weight : 213
    Current weight : 168
    Goal weight at the end of the ten weeks : 148
  • mljh1970
    mljh1970 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone, I'm Marnie, a 45 year old retiree, mother of a 21 year old daughter. I've struggled with my weight most of my life. I was starting to lose weight again about 2 years ago but then a year ago I encountered some back issues and that basically stopped most of my exercising. I'm now allowed to walk moderately for about 30-45 min a day. Unfortunately this put me back on the weight gain again. I know this is no excuse but I now have to try to learn to eat without having the benefit of those extra "exercise" calories to use.
    Highest weight 205 lbs
    Starting weight 198 lbs
    Goal weight at end of challenge 178 lbs
  • rachaelerdlen932
    rachaelerdlen932 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone I'm Rachael 39 about to hit the big 40 in a few weeks I'm trying to get fit and healthy I'm at the heaviest I've ever been starting weight was 225
    Current as of today's weigh in 211.0
    I don't have a set 10 week Goal as long as I keep getting stronger and losing I'm happy ! I walk 3 miles a day and 3 days a week do beach body workouts !
  • Juggs12
    Juggs12 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone...I am Ashley, 31, single, working mom of two girls. I am currently at my heaviest I have ever been and am struggling with my food. I moved out of state and in with my boyfriend over a year ago, and had to quit roller derby because I was moving away. I didn't realize what a huge impact not having that exercise would mean for me. Since I moved, I have packed out 30 pounds. A couple months ago, I started working out, but have continued to gain weight because of my food. Ultimately, I want to lose 45 pounds, so I can have my clothes fit me again and so I can be more confident again!

CW: 198
    GW: (for the challenge) 175
  • abc63
    abc63 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Amy, 52, married, with 2 step children.
  • musicfan4life30
    musicfan4life30 Posts: 543 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Hi everyone!

I have been a member on MFP since March 02, 2013!

I've been in a lot of groups on MFP. MFP Groups really motivate me to lose weight and to workout!

Right now I need to lose 22.4 lbs to make it to my first weight loss goal! :)

Highest Weight in my life: 180 lbs

Challenge Start Weight: 172.4 lbs

Challenge Goal Weight: anywhere in the 150's lbs

Fitness & Health Goals:

1. Get 10,000 steps a day using my fitbit

2. workout everyday for 30 mins

3. stay on my 21 day fix eating plan

4. eat out once a week

5. Start back up the 21 day fix workout plan as soon as I get cleared to workout again!

• simbersea
    simbersea Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Karen. I'm 50 and recently retired. My highest weight was 174, I'm currently at 164, but I need to get down into the 140's. Being retired, I have the time to exercise, I just have to commit to it.

SW: 164
    GW: 149