Weekly Post Oct 19th to 25th

Options
snaps27
snaps27 Posts: 960 Member
Thought I'd get a new post going. First fast of the week was yesterday and it went really well. I was able to ignore the fitbit nudging me over my 500cal limit because it was saying, "but you burnt these extra calories so you can eat a bit more"! So win! Today I've had some treats, but am still within budget. Last week I saw 166 back on the scale, so that was very nice.

Replies

• flossyruby1
    flossyruby1 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Today is my first fast day of the week. I've got a busy day, which helps me to avoid dwelling on the fact I'm hungry. I had 3 fast days last week (unplanned) which pushed my weight down even closer to my goal. I'm almost there, which is a little surreal, really. It's taken me 10 months. If you would have told me it would take that long to lose nearly 40 lbs, I would have thrown in the towel ages ago. But now I'm actually grateful it's taken that long because my body has had time to adjust to each milestone. This was the first weight loss experience where I didn't focus on the daunting amount of weight I wanted to lose. I just sort of plodded along. It's probably just because I'm older and wiser (ha...that's debatable), but it doesn't matter. I'm grateful anyway. Have a great week, everyone, and here's to being losers over the holidays :)
  • flumi_f
    flumi_f Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    My fast yesterday went very well. Still working on the Dublin weight... But it was difficult getting in two fasts last week. This week should work out better.

My exercise, expecially my walking, will increase, as I won't be riding the horse I care for anymore. Been contemplating giving him up for a while. Last week his owner flew off as he shyed once again and landed in the hospital with a broken pubic bone. He has always been very jumpy and too tempremental for my taste. That she flew off the way she did was just one more sign of many during the last year, telling me the risk of riding him is more than I want to take. So I will be walking, jogging and lunging him for the next 2-3 months until she gets back on her feet and then I will look for a smaller horse, that is a bit more laid back.

2h Walk/Jog on Saturday....1h Walk on Sunday and 35min Rebounding... and 1.5h walk/lunging today with the horse and 1h Monday walk w/o the horse... He will keep me busy and make me fitter :)
  • sanjoparolas
    sanjoparolas Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Great reports everyone! I completed my Monday fast with a few extra calories and am fasting again on Thursday. I got in a great bike ride on Sunday during perfect weather. Other than that, I am keeping to my weekday routine of bodyweight strength and Tabata training.
  • snaps27
    snaps27 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    @flossyruby1 - that is so great to hear! And you should be so proud of yourself, 40lbs in 10 months, that is excellent! I have about that to lose and ten months form now...is nearly my b-day so that sounds good to me!!

Yesterdays fast went well for me, just slightly over the 500 mark. Today I was a bit naughty because although I skipped breakfast, I had a double cheese burger and veggie crisps/chips, oh and some whoppers :p BAD SNAPS! Oh and I'm making homemade carrot cake...NOT GOOD....

Hope everyone has a great weekend...next week is a week holiday for my munchkins and I am afraid there will be more treating! :s
  • flossyruby1
    flossyruby1 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Thank you, Snaps!! Have a great weekend!!
  • Marmitegeoff
    Marmitegeoff Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Fasted today as I went for a bike ride yesterday, and was not prepared to try 216 km's with no fuel. Have a good weekend everyone. We have family coming so will be a bit over. Holiday and Grandchildren equals overloads.
  • Usmgha
    Usmgha Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Just started the diet . After 3 fast I have lost weight but I am scared to eat that I might gain weight .. Strangely I am not that hungry too