Maintenance - Month Four

Options
xKoalaBearx
xKoalaBearx Posts: 181 Member
Hi All,
Hope everyone is doing well. It seems to have quieted here on this group. I thought I would continue my series which hopefully helps to encourage people to carry on and be healthy....

Well, all is going well.

1. I'm still maintaining between 140-145 lbs. A year ago, I was about 200 lbs with a BMI more than 31. BMI is now stable between 22-23.

2. On a weekly basis, I average about 2000-2100 calories per day. I discovered this through reverse dieting. If I eat more than this, I gain weight.

3. Mon-Fri I eat the NS foods along with the smart carbs, power fuels, and 4 servings of vegetables. Usually between 1500-2000 calories.

4. Saturdays and/or Sundays between 2500-4000 calories per day... I splurge on the weekends. I eat a mix of NS foods and other foods.
- I plan out my calories for the week based on my previous weekend calories. So if I eat 3600 calories per day on the weekend, I might eat only 1500 calories per day during the week. If I eat 2000 calories per day on the weekend, I can eat 2000 calories per day during the week, etc.

5. I lift heavy weights 2-3 times per week (30 min). On alternate days, I do cardio 10-15 min of HIIT 2-3 times per week. I also average about 10,000 steps per day walking to and from the subway and my car going to work, at work, at lunch, whenever I can. So as you can see, I don't devote a lot of time doing exercise... I'm too busy. I also try and build it into my day whenever I can. It all adds up.

6. I just had my blood work done at the doctor and my numbers are great. Compared to before I started losing weight my numbers have improved as follows:
- Total Cholesterol: was 212 (high - <200 is normal), now 162
- HDL (good) Cholesterol: was 44 (>45 is normal, >60 is ideal ), now 66
- LDL (bad) Cholesterol: was 141 (<130 is normal), now 79
- Triglycerides: was 254 (<160 is normal), now 84
- Hemoglobin A1C (diabetes screen): was 5.9 (prediabetes - <5.7 is normal), now 5.5

* As an aside, I amazed by all this, because I have at least one whole egg, every single day. So contrary to popular belief, it's not the eggs that are bad at raising our cholesterols, but everything else that people overeat that causes their cholesterols to go crazy.

7. I weigh myself everyday, once in the morning and once before going to bed. I can immediately see how what I ate that day affects me that night and the next morning. I then log it, good, bad, or ugly. I own whatever I weigh.

8. I always eat breakfast. I still have treats in some form EVERY DAY. Ice cream, cookies, chips, etc. My heaviest meals are Breakfast and Lunch.

9. I drink a ton of water a day... at least 12-16 glasses a day. I pretty much never drink anything with calories. I save my calories for food.

10. I log all my foods to the best of my ability. I often have to guesstimate the portions on my splurge days, but I think I'm doing a pretty good job. It's crazy to see how many calories I'm still able to eat... and even though I might temporarily gain weight, I'm pretty confident now that I know how to keep it under control.

I continue to be the fittest I've ever been in my life, and my clothes fit well. Clothes shopping is a pleasure.

My current goals:
1. To qualify for the National Weight Loss Registry.... 8 months left.
2. Six pack abs. They're slowly getting there
3. To have a beach body (although my wife tells me I already do).
4. Work up to 20 min of cardio.

I hope this is insightful. Keep fighting!

-KB

Replies

• jrp29646
    jrp29646 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Good for you. Thank you for sharing your experience - it's encouraging.
  • MsDimeo
    MsDimeo Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing this! Your doing great!