Hey everyone (:

I started my journey August 19th when my PCM introduced me to wls. I never knew I was a candidate because I don't have any medical issues but because my BMI at the time was 51 I qualified. I immediately called Tricare and had my orientation on Sept 8th. Since then I'm over half finished with my process and it will be complete the Thursday before Thanksgiving. (: The way our system works is you finish your process, call, schedule an appointment to meet your surgeon who I already know who I want he did the orientation and was amazing but once you have that appointment it is usually 30 days out from there. So, I'm saying a date of Mid January, which is perfect because we are planning a Christmas vacation since my husband has a chance of going overseas late winter early spring. I started my journey at 333 and I'm currently at 315, my goal is to be in twosville by my surgery, I'd say sooner but I don't want to rush myself. (: I'm 5'7, smaller in the top, big boots and big thighs. I have lost 17 inches total since my weight loss tho which is surprising because it doesn't feel like it, my simple concern is my fupa (haha) and my biggest realist concern is the closest I get is the surgery itself. Dun dun duuuuuun.

But, hello again. (:

Replies

• NicoleL874
    NicoleL874 Posts: 684 Member
    Welcome! Glad to see more people starting to participate! All the support we can get, right? I believe GoDasher had surgery today...and mine is set for tomorrow! Talk about "Dun dun duuuuuun", lol!

Good luck, and take in what you can as you go, there's so much it becomes overwhelming, but with support everything stays straight...somehow!
  • GoDasher
    GoDasher Posts: 49 Member
    Yep, I'm now two days out and I just got home. Still in some pain, but good to get up and around. Taking liquid Norco for the pain. It's awesome. Sipping water and jello. Small sips!

@NicoleL874 I hope everything went well for you!!!!
  • NicoleL874
    Just getting home. Feels good to be here. Sipping away! Isopure and chicken broth!
  • carolbates1
    carolbates1 Posts: 1 Member
    I,m on my two week pre deit ,rough at times but sticking to it except went on a pickle binge yesterday ! I get a small meal till Wednesday.November 4th is my surgery ,I,m so excited ! I,m 5'4 HW 257 CW 242 It's been a long road ,two and a half hours from my surgeon ,didn't miss any appt. I had to do going to be sooo worth it and I,m blessed for this !
  • NicoleL874
    @carolbates1 Hang in there! A pickle binge isn't the worst thing, lol! I did it, they were allowed by my surgeon! Your surgery is coming up soon! Feel free to friend me, I'm only 12 days out now, so not too far ahead of you!
  • thisfathasgot2go
    thisfathasgot2go Posts: 13 Member
    Welcome, I am new too. I am almost 3 weeks post-op tomorrow. I am doing much better than I thought I would. No more pain, I have been increasing my exercise now that I can wiggle around and not have incision pain. My transition to soft foods has gone well. I have lost 42 lbs total, 12 since the surgery.