new to clean eating

Options
Hi All....after 3 years and many many pounds lost and lots and lots of working out i have finally realized that it really is about what you put into your body. Not even so much the amount your are eating or not eating but the quality. I have realized that while i lost weight and getting stronger etc, i am not feeling well nor getting the results i desire in my physique.

14 days ago i made the committment to myself to treat my body well nutritionally. WOW! After having very little processed food in those two weeks ( only thing i have is protein powder and 1 protein bar ( power crunch)or plain greek yogurt as my treat a day the rest is 100% clean , natural foods. I lost 6 lbs in the first 11 days and my energy is thru the roof and i am sleeping great for the first time in i cant remember how long. I dont feel deprived or like i am missing anything.

I consume lots of fruits, vegetables, eggs, chicken, fish, turkey and occasionally lean red meat. I dont want to add anything processed if i can help it and i am wondering if Rice or Steel cut oatmeal is considered a clean food. I appreciate any help or input you can give me on this.

Thanks so much!

Replies