Hello!

Options
blackburn23
blackburn23 Posts: 385 Member
I am starting over on my weight-loss and exercise journey. Tomorrow will be my first official day to start tracking. My goal is lose at least 50 lbs. by June 2016. I will be turning 50. My total weight loss goal is to lose 70 - 80 lbs. I have fibromyalgia, so my exercise strategy is to go slow and steady. I have found that if I over do it, I am in pain for days. Any advice on eating and exercise is welcomed. I am a water drinker, but I do drink about 1 16oz. coca-cola a week. I recently had to have a kidney stone busted up and I have been chugging a lot of water since. I hope to never go through that again. I have read some posts: crystal light has some great flavors, including tea flavor...and, chewing sugar-free gum (like watermelon or strawberry) helps to curb sweet cravings (most of the time..ha ha). I will admit, chocolate really has a hold on me!

Replies

• HeatherKatan
    HeatherKatan Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Good for You! My best advise is going slow and steady. It add's up overtime and is even more stubborn to get off. What is helping me a lot is portion control. I have gone a bit crazy looking at what proper serving sizes are of vegitables, deli lunch meat, fruit or even anythign already canned and labled (very few are an actual single serving) and have invested in stock for baggie's from snack size to half gallon for big vegitable salads for lunch to portion everything ahead of time it makes tracking easier and takes the guess work out. Just grab a baggie out of the fridge or container I still eat most most of everything but with portion control and healthier options. Wheat over white and personally I have really began to like the Truvia sugar substitutes. I used the baking one the other day for a chocolate cake and my husband didn't even notice a difference in taste!! Best of Luck to you!!
  • blackburn23
    blackburn23 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the advice. I will have to try the Truvia...esp. with the holidays coming up.