Week 3 and I need friends!

Options
The looks of confusion I get when explaining to friends and coworkers my keto diet is like talking to a wall sometimes. I have been on MFP for about 2 years now with an intermittent absence and am an avid participant/logger everyday. I am half way through my weight loss journey when I started researching the ketogenic diet. I read every keto book I could get my hands on until I felt I was ready to make the switch. I went through my "keto flu" in my first week and managed to sustain my diet over a week long vacation as well. I feel very empowered and dedicated to the keto lifestyle but I'm surrounded by people who don't understand and don't want to. That being old MFP friends and friends around me. It would be nice to have fellow keto followers to relate to and support as well. Because I have been a calorie counter for so long it was natural to me to continue that with my diet switch. I'm 28, on the go and very busy, moderately active, and very strict with my macros and goals. Diary is always open, although not always sensible. If anyone needs more friends who support their lifestyle I would love to get to know you!! :smile:

Replies

• KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    Open to friends! I don't log my food every day anymore but enjoy celebrating success together. Other people are so brainwashed (I was too) and they just don't want to hear us. They are so used to being lied to that they can't see it! The deception is unbelievable, until you educate yourself! That's where people fail! So many have forgotten how to think for themselves, instead of blindly taking the advice of the experts who created this mess! Stay here with us. It's safe here and so great to visit with others who are likeminded!
  • nicintime
    nicintime Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Logging every day except travel when I don't have access to the Internet.

Keto lifer, morbidly obese, half way to my goal. You're welcome to add me.
  • erindellamore
    erindellamore Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Thank you, I added both of you!!

I used to be a bread baker and was very avid on following the IIFYM lifestyle. I think that's what hindered my progress so much, just eating whatever I wanted, devoid of any nutritional benefit as long as it fit within my calories for the day. 65 lbs ago I was getting close to insulin resistance and because I am predisposed to it thru a gynecological disorder, I feel really empowered to be on keto. I have no excuses anymore to fuel my body with sugars and carbs and I haven't felt this good in forever (and I'm saying that while fighting off a sinus infection!)
  • SuesNewImage
    SuesNewImage Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    Just put in friend requests. After being morbidly obese for most of my adult life, I started 4 months ago just cutting out any sugars and reading labels. I didn't know about LCHF, nor that sugar is really a carb. After success of dropping 9kg in 8 weeks on my own, I started researching more and started learning about the full picture of carbs - what an eye opener.

Then I was introduced to this WOE by a girl friend (who is skinny). Now 75 days into Low Carb eating and measuring keto levels & I am down another 14kg (31lb).

I have also tried so many other ways of eating and weird diets, but never stuck to anything for this long, nor ever down by this much in the one focussed time.

18 weeks and I'm down by 23kg (50.6lb)!!!!
    I cannot believe these are my figures. Just reading this makes me feel inspired by myself (not by others achievements instead). I'm so motivated, don't feel hungry, more energy, feel healthy, skin is soft & glowing (but still hateing exercise so that's my next focus).

One happy new to Low Varb eating human being.
  • dollypz
    dollypz Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Just starting LCHF today! Definitely need friends forthe journey. I'm 50 now & gotta at least get back to where I was so need to drop 77 # to do that. I'm on my phone a lot so just need to get going on cutting out sugar! Thanks! Sue, AMAZING results!!! Congrats
  • barnumboy
    barnumboy Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Into my 2nd week of Keto after about 2 years low carb (slipped up a bit, so back on track and LOVING LCHF living!) My Diary is open if you want to friend me.
  • LolaDeeDaisy23
    LolaDeeDaisy23 Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    I log every day. I'd love to be your friend :blush:
  • 4031isaiah
    4031isaiah Posts: 1,253 Member
    Options
    I sent out some friend requests as well!
  • erindellamore
    erindellamore Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    You guys rule!! So much success here how can you not be motivated..
  • eels4peels
    eels4peels Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I just restarted. I can has friends?
  • newtrack
    newtrack Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm in week 4 and love it! I've lost about 90 lbs through various diets that were hard to stick to and always left me hungry. I have this last little bit to drop...about 25 lbs. This woe suits me so well that it'll be how I eat from now on! I log my food daily and that really helps me. Feel free to add me, everyone!
  • n3v3rsurrender
    n3v3rsurrender Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm hopping on this train - just added all of you! I'm in week 4 - down 10 lbs - and loving it.
  • NewSue52
    NewSue52 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I am still overweight just not as overweight as I was. LC works. It is the only thing that works for me. I'm down 20 with probably 10 more to go. I'm happy.

I'd be happy to be friends with anyone who needs reliable support. Friend me
  • smcveigh72
    smcveigh72 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Love that I found this group! I am in my 2nd week. I have lost 9 lbs so far and love this WOE! I log everyday and am always happy to have friends. I find it hard to keep my fat % over 70 most days. Does anyone have any tips?
  • annie422
    annie422 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm on day 2 and suffering from low carb flu, but excited to be here and would love to also add you as friends for support. I have about 20 lbs to lose and I've been hopelessly addicted to sugar.
  • jb3_keto
    jb3_keto Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello fellow keto-ers! Glad I found this group. Tomorrow is day 50 for me, and I am down 16 lbs as of this morning. Always happy to make new friends, and spread the good word! Smcveigh72, to keep up with my fat %, I cook with bacon grease, use light or heavy cream in my coffee, and also butter if I need a quick balance.
  • Math_Geek
    Math_Geek Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    jb3_keto Thanks for posting that, I'm on day 60 and am down 15 pounds, I wondered if I was on track with whatever the norm seems to be but looks like maybe I am.
  • balesalicia
    balesalicia Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I need keto friends too! Add me. I think my diary is public too so any tips are greatly appreciated
  • stillonamission
    stillonamission Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I am always open to new friends. The more people on your side the more motivation you have!
  • kholcomb51
    kholcomb51 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean about those blank looks, and then come the arguments. Ugh. I just restarted (from low-ish carb) and most of my friends are not (or no longer) keto, so could use more keto friends too. I log daily, diary open, and know what works for me. Still futzing with my macros, but... Add me if you like!