World Health Org (WHO) new report

Options
barnumboy
barnumboy Posts: 20 Member
http://www.cnn.com/2015/10/26/health/meat-causes-cancer-food-alternatives/index.html
They are still urging us to eat carbs...
"Make your meals heavy on the vegetable, bean and cereal side. You can eat fish and poultry at least twice a week. Snack on nuts and fruit. You don't have to do anything so extreme as avoiding carbs. You can have three servings of those a day, especially if they are of the whole-grain variety. If you drink, enjoy a glass of wine with your dinner. The red variety is supposed to be particularly good for your heart health. Cook with olive oil as opposed to butter. And limit the amount of saturated fat, meat and dairy."

Ugh - no wonder Americans are fat. If I ate how they suggest, I would not be a fat-burning machine!

Replies

• slimzandra
    slimzandra Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    I think there is more political motivation, than hard science going on here.
    Mediterranean diet? Does that include pasta? Lol
  • professor700
    professor700 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    quote="barnumboy;10274513"]http://www.cnn.com/2015/10/26/health/meat-causes-cancer-food-alternatives/index.html
    They are still urging us to eat carbs...
    "Make your meals heavy on the vegetable, bean and cereal side. You can eat fish and poultry at least twice a week. Snack on nuts and fruit. You don't have to do anything so extreme as avoiding carbs. You can have three servings of those a day, especially if they are of the whole-grain variety. If you drink, enjoy a glass of wine with your dinner. The red variety is supposed to be particularly good for your heart health. Cook with olive oil as opposed to butter. And limit the amount of saturated fat, meat and dairy."

Ugh - no wonder Americans are fat. If I ate how they suggest, I would not be a fat-burning machine![/quote]

Amen...
    I was obese. I grew up obese. I went to grad school for biochemistry and 2 YEARS into my PhD program I realized I was killing myself with carbs.

You know how they say no Jesus no peace. know Jesus know peace?
    Well its like that. ..but opposite...
    No carbs no fat. Know carbs know fat...heheee
  • ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    Options
    Ugh - no wonder Americans are fat. If I ate how they suggest, I would not be a fat-burning machine!

Amen...
    I was obese. I grew up obese. I went to grad school for biochemistry and 2 YEARS into my PhD program I realized I was killing myself with carbs.

You know how they say no Jesus no peace. know Jesus know peace?
    Well its like that. ..but opposite...
    No carbs no fat. Know carbs know fat...heheee[/quote]

Amen to that!! lol
  • barnumboy
    barnumboy Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Love that quote! So many people do not understand carbs and the impact on our bodies. I have people asking me, well, corn meal isn't a carb right? Carrots and hummus are healthy right? Cereal is ok right? And on and on. Or thinking brown rice is healthier than white rice, so they think they're making a good choice, but then have two heaping spoonfuls of it. Some people may have a higher tolerance, but for me, I know I need to keep it below 15 grams of carbs a day to lose. But I haven't felt like I'm missing out since everything I've been eating now has so much flavor with the fat. All this time I did low carb low fat, I was always hungry and food was bland. Now, it's soooo good!! I can't wait for friends and relatives to see me and the way I'm eating now and the slimmer version.
    The other quote I thought of recently is "nothing tastes as good as skinny feels" - well, I have learned that is entirely wrong!!
  • efxboy
    efxboy Posts: 9 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Just plane crazy I tell you...
    I've never felt better being on the Keto diet..
    Wondered why I felt bloated and lazy with 'regular' western foods... I never ate much candy and soda as a kid but when I grew up it was more accessible so I consumed more of it. In retrospect I had an amazing amount of energy as a kid, always thought losing energy and vitality was part of growing up... How wrong I was . I'm bouncing around again.!
  • angelexperiment
    angelexperiment Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    I have noticed if I eat pure fat I have so much energy!