Keto friends!

Options
hay!

I would love some friends who follow lchf/ketogenic lifestyle. Some to support, get ideas from ect.. I do not track my meals every day, but I do it few days a week to stay on track..

Feel free to add me (please have open diary so we can get ideas off eachother)

Replies

• allisonscoulson
    Options
    Hey there. I am doing Keto. Have been studying, playing with recipes and observing some rules for a year now, but only did solid Keto for 2 months. I loved it but got pissed I was not losing much weight. I only lost about 4 lbs the first week then went back and forth between 3 lbs for the rest of the time. So I had a major cheat day-after reading it could help. Well, idk, not sure it did help. I restarted the diet 4 days ago- the day after the cheat day. I don't have a lot of weight to lose, just 5 (more) lbs, but want to be more firm and to feel better. I know I have sensitivity to carbs and want to have more stable blood glucose levels and clearer thinking, more energy etc. I have several recipe ideas if you are interested.
  • normasita123
    normasita123 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am restarting Keto. It has been a little over a year since my first attempt at Keto and I lost 15 lbs and didn't exercise. My first attempt was successful I think, because it was a joint effort with my husband. Our household embraced the keto lifestyle. Of course, the holidays came around, hosting a Christmas Dinner party with my family, I slipped and kept slipping until the weight came back on, and I might add additional STRESS starting creeping into my life. I made many failed attempts of getting re-started over the year.

In the meantime, I kept studying the keto diet by reading books (13) reading blogs, reviewing recipes, watching Youtube videos, uploading apps. This is the end of my first week on my second attempt, and I looked back over this past year, and realized I have to be committed to me. I want to make this a lifestyle. I have to love me more. I too want to definitely have more energy, more mental clarity and to feel good in my clothes. More importantly, I want to be healthy on the inside too. I am getting older and my metabolism has changed. Carb addicted, I am. Once it is on my lips, I CRAVE more. I am looking for support, motivation and encouragement, I have ran into some very strong WHYs I gotta do this, of a personal nature, that I want to keep in the forefront of my mind. I love watching before and after pictures and testimonies. I need to do my measurements and take my photos and keep it in my face. Love to stay connected. Let's Do This!
  • rejoicemaawire
    rejoicemaawire Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I might be a bit late to join the conversation, but I'm a newbee to Keto lifestyle. I have been following the paleo lifestyle for the last 2 years or so, at the start I was losing a lot of weight but as I got comfortable I started packing on my (Paleo) carbs and found I was only maintaining my weight. I came across the keto and I'm so excited to see how I proceed with this, especially as I have heard great testimonies just as you all mentioned. I would love to add you guys as friends, so we could support eachother in the journey and what we eat :smiley:
  • princessofredrock
    princessofredrock Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am keto! lol I went no sugar then low carb then no grains etc. Tried low carb hi protein and lost some then gained some back! Now keto LCHF for 3 months and I love it! lol. I have insulin resistance/pcos and am hypothyroid! I am currently looking into keto fasting and I hike, zombie run and weight train! I am also a fitbit fanatic! ; ) send me a note so we can be healthy high fat friends! ; )
  • ljocker
    ljocker Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Is there a way to set up Myfitness pal for your Keto macros? Im new to the site but need trying Ketogenic for a few weeks.
  • TAC2413
    TAC2413 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Yes. It's under goals and you just set your macro percentages to what you want. Unfortunately they are in increments of 5%. I have mine set at 70 fat, 25 protein, 5 carb. As long as I'm between 5-8 percent carb at the end of the day, I'm golden. Hope this helps!
  • ZeDuchess
    ZeDuchess Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi there all! I'm new to the group. I just started the keto diet this Monday the 15th of August. I'm looking for accountability buddies and friends. I have 100+lbs. to lose, so I'll be here for a long minute.... Lol. I'm also doing keto with my fiancé, as well. I'm looking forward to making all of your acquaintances! Have a great day! Mist aka ZeDuchess! ;)
  • cphendrych
    cphendrych Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    ZeDuchess wrote: »
    Hi there all! I'm new to the group. I just started the keto diet this Monday the 15th of August. I'm looking for accountability buddies and friends. I have 100+lbs. to lose, so I'll be here for a long minute.... Lol. I'm also doing keto with my fiancé, as well. I'm looking forward to making all of your acquaintances! Have a great day! Mist aka ZeDuchess! ;)

I just started on the 8th, now a full 3 weeks in and have great results! Hope you are as well!
  • TheKetogenicCailin
    Options
    Hi All, I`ve been keto for a couple of months now with a massive stall but finally back losing! I am going to start tracking properly from here on in now that I have it figured out a bit better. Looking for friends to stay motivated with so feel free to send a friend request....diary will be public too :smiley: