Newbie :)

Options
Hello, my name is Katie. I am in the beginning stages of my VSG journey. I have attended the information session, started month 2 of my physician supervised diet, and paid for and scheduled my pre surgical evaluations. I am very excited to start this new chapter in my life. I will be 30 this year, should be graduating with my bachelor's in psychology, and getting my sleeve done sometime after the new year (March I think). I would love to meet some friends that have had bariatric surgery done, will have it done, or would consider it. My immediate family is very supportive, but most of the rest of my family and friends think its a "cop out". I'm 5'6", my heaviest weight was 332 (the day I inquired about WLS). Today I weighed in at 319. I look forward to this journey, and the people and places it introduces me to :) Send me a message or add me if you'd like. Can't wait to hear from you!!

Replies

• garber6th
    garber6th Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    Welcome :-) You found a really good group of people! Congrats on graduating with your degree, and on making the decision to have surgery. I think having surgery is a really brave thing to do. It's a big step in taking control of our health and our lives. You have a lot of good things coming your way!
  • Wonderwomanvik
    Wonderwomanvik Posts: 2,932 Member
    Options
    This is an amazingly supported group of people. Feel free to friend me. I was sleeved in August. It's been quite the ride. My starting weight was 288 and I'm currently 202. I lost about 48 lbs before my surgery date. Welcome and good luck.
  • anbrdr
    anbrdr Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the group.
  • martabeerich
    martabeerich Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Feel free to add me. 10 weeks post op. This group is so helpful. We're glad you're here!
  • Tawnykakers1
    Tawnykakers1 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I am Preop VSG I completed my program and now waiting for my surgery date. I love this group and have learned so much here. Feel free to add me also!
  • cabennett99
    cabennett99 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Welcome - it's an exciting time. Don't worry about what others think, you are taking positive steps to take contro of you life and well being. I'm coming up on a year from my RNYGB - and it's been a positively transformative experience.
  • newdaynewdawnnewme1
    Options
    Welcome! I had GB RNY 9/15/15 I'm currently 38 days out and can tell you it is NOT a cop out or the easy way out but it is sookk very worth it! Since the preop I have lost a total of 55.7 lbs and 33 lbs since the surgery! I joined this group along with a few Face Book groups that have been the crux of the support and information I received preop that have made me very successful on this journey! Hang in there sweetie and let me know if you want to be added to the FB groups..the tips and recipes as well as the postop exercises are my bible!
  • lenac87
    lenac87 Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    Welcome! This is a really supportive group :)
  • sinderstorm
    sinderstorm Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I was where you are this time last year. I had my sleeve surgery in April, and have now lost 76lbs, weighing in at 176lbs this morning. It is a huge decision, and by no means the easy way out, but I have zero regrets about taking the leap and doing it. Feel free to friend me if you'd like.
  • klingerman73
    klingerman73 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Welcome Katie!! This is a great group of people!!
  • joysie1970
    joysie1970 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Welcome Katie! You found your tribe lol lots of wonderful people here who have made my journey so much better! Seven months post op, down 87 lbs since my first meeting with surgeon, down 205 from my heaviest ever and couldn't be happier <3