Gained 40lbs since January...

Options
Things are getting worse, not better. I've never told anyone. This last week, I even ate non stop wheat/gluten. I'm lifelong celiac. I'm so physically ill and I still can't stop. I think my mind thought if I just ate stuff that made me suffer, I would quit eating. I didn't... I'm finished with gluten as of last night. I'm so very sick; obviously emotionally too. I just wanted to tell someone.

I feel like now that I've told someone, I can stop. Does that make any sense? It's been like I was hurting myself, on purpose, with food. I ate things I haven't eaten in years. I ate some things I have never eaten before and hopefully won't eat again. I ate things I don't even like just to be eating something... And my body is so very unwell as a consequence.

Ok, this is long and I've never posted before so I'm off to find something happy to write to balance out my confession. I don't wanna be that person. I want to take care of my body. I want to be picky about what I eat and drink. I want to use that money for memorable experiences not cheap bulk food to fill my empty spots. Thank you for letting me share.

Today is going to be different; I promise.

Replies

• KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    Wow. this took some serious strength to post. good for you. I wish you ease. hugs. You've got this!! Might take time. :)
  • Cherry_2000
    Cherry_2000 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    First of all: {{{{{{{hugs}}}}}}}. I've been where you are. It was because I was in a helpless situation. Or at least that's what was going on in my head. After my 'helpless situation' resolved itself, I turned to prayer, calorie counting, and going ty o the gym. I haven't been perfect and am now battling a thyroid issue, but those three things sustain me. Especially prayer. You know, years ago, I read something in a magazine about gaining weight and I remember clear as day the statement: "It's not what your eating, it's what's eating you". I guess try to suss out what IS eating at you, either on your own, a trusted friend, clergy, or maybe with a therapist. More hugs to you.
  • aspen1377
    aspen1377 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    How are you doing now??
  • walkonfire5
    walkonfire5 Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    I had massive problems with binge eating. Ordering a box of 48 chocolate bars and eating all in under 3days. Ordering 12inch pizzas mostly daily.. I broke my habit by simply. Just water faster one day a week. Breaks that need want for food