side effects of inositol

Options
jmzz1
jmzz1 Posts: 670 Member
I have been taking normoz tablet (myo inositol, d-chiro-inositol, chromium , vitamin d3) for 2 months and got severe itching and dry skin

Do not know what to do since had taken metformin but that did work for my body so doctor prescribed me this and this also seems to give me side effects.
Any suggestions please!!!

Note- I am insulin resistant

Replies

• Dragonwolf
    Dragonwolf Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    Odds are, it's not the inositol (inositol has very few known side effects, and your reaction isn't one of them), but either the D3 or chromium that's in tablet. Try switching to a plain inositol version and see if that clears up your issue. Then, you can add the other two back in individually and see which one's causing it or if a different form of the other two works better for you.
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    How much water and sodium are you intaking? And what do your macros look like? I had severe dehydration when I took Spirolactone (sp?) with Metformin, so had to discontinue. I found that my fluid and sodium needs were higher the lower my carbs got...which helped drop the IR effects and the Met side effects...

Aside from that, I didn't have any major effects of Inositol, but chromium (in a mixed formula) caused me to have blood sugar drops because I was already managing this through dietary intake.
  • aSearch4Me
    aSearch4Me Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    I agree with the comment that it might be the D3 (depending on the dose-level it contains). My skin gets more sensitive, dry and itchy with D3 supplementation. I don't have those issues with Inositol (currently take 2 grams in AM & PM, + metformin).
  • jmzz1
    Options
    Vitamin d3 suits me fine but I guess it must be chromium since I am taking tht for the first time.

But my doctor has asked me to take it due to insulin resistance and other alternative to metformin
  • jmzz1
    Options
    Any other supplement for insulin resistance apart from chromium and metformin?
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    jmzz1 wrote: »
    Any other supplement for insulin resistance apart from chromium and metformin?

I'm not taking either of those things for my IR. I'm just using a low carb diet, and have incorporated the intermittent fasting, and I've dropped my Fasting Insulin levels about 3.5 points in a year.