Manly Nutritarians

Options
fitzbe
fitzbe Posts: 8 Member
Hello! I finally convinced my husband to try the 6 week diet with me. I'm very grateful that he committed with me, but it also seems to be affecting him more harshly than me. For one, while I am sated with our lunch salads, he still feels hungry. We went out last weekend and bought a huge container he can take to work, and I just fill it with more of the same greens and veggies I eat. So far that has worked. But I wondered if any of the men here have advice or can share about their own experiences?

His second problem is that his digestion has been affected! He's complained of stomach pain, nausea, and, well, you can guess what else ails the gut... I haven't had this problem. Has anyone else had this kind of experience? Is this something that will pass, or should he try eliminating certain foods to identify what's triggering it? We did eat lots of veggies before; we're just cutting out some junk food and increasing vegetable quantity. I feel bad seeing him go through this at my insistence and hope it's temporary!

Replies

• FitterStrongerHappier
    Options
    not sure you are still having problems... ? we can chat if so
  • Jim_Griffin
    Jim_Griffin Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I started eating like this earlier in the year, after reading the book...but I too ran into digestive issues (i.e. too many trips to the potty...LOL...and unexpectedly!!). I know that it was a "detox" essentially...but I gave it a try for many weeks, but I had to stop because I had to plan my life around where there was a decent, clean toilet!! Porta Potties at soccer fields just weren't something I wanted to deal with!!

I read that perhaps it was too much fiber...from eating raw vegetables. Is that true? Anyone have any tips/tricks to avoid the back-end detox effects? Should I switch to drinking only green smoothies? Or just cut out raw fiber, like carrots etc.? I really want to do this, but I also hate the constant worry about the sudden need to excuse myself or find a toilet. Have TP will travel!! :(

Thanks. Any and all suggestions are appreciated.