I survived Trick or Treat...

Options
NewSue52
NewSue52 Posts: 180 Member
I bought an enormous bag of candy (250 pieces of chocolate) for the trick or treaters. I managed to keep the bag closed until yesterday afternoon when I put most of it in a bowl for distribution. Once the bag opened, the Twix bars started talking to me. They kept calling and telling me how much I wanted to eat one, just one. I closed the bag with a clamp and put it in the bottom of the closet to drown out their voices. The candy in the bowl was excited, knowing that it would soon be going to a new home to bother someone else.

Once the bowl was half empty I refilled it with the remaining candy in the bag. The Twix bars were now joined by the Three Musketeers. "Just one, we'll never bother you again if you eat just one." I drew on strength I didn't know I had and resisted. The last trick or treaters showed up by 8:30 and the last of that enormous bag of candy went out the door.

Whew, I made it. The tricky, lying candy bars were gone. They are now tormenting someone else. I survived

Replies

• nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    LOL. Glad you made it through that night of horrors. ;)
  • cmarangi
    cmarangi Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Great Job!
  • momta4
    momta4 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Awesome!
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    Great job! I made it too!
  • daylitemag
    daylitemag Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I heard similar voices coming from the Twix bars at our house. We ended up with leftovers. I panicked and threw them all in a garage bag full of raw chicken scraps just to ensure I wouldn't go "dumpster diving" to save the poor Twix.
  • anna114400
    anna114400 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Haha it was the Reese's cups tormenting me! I put it my diary to see the content and to confirm how bad it would be, right there in front of my face. Told myself I'm going to eat lunch and if I still want it, I will eat just one. Ate lunch and no longer was being taunted lol. Not one price of candy entered my body! Whoo hoo we rock!
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    Success here too! The "loudest" we're the Kit Kat, white chocolate. I laughed! There are leftovers, but I don't care! Hubby plans to take some to work. We had rain that kept many home. I love the reports from everyone's success!!
  • glossbones
    glossbones Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    I made us some peanut butter fat bombs by melting cacao butter with 85% dark chocolate and putting it in silicone mini cups over about a teaspoon of Smuckers All Natural peanut butter (2g carb / 1g sugar per tsp). Cooled it solid in the freezer. OMG. Those kids can have that nasty processed sugar. These were amazing!
  • slimzandra
    slimzandra Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    Great job. none for me either! Hoot.
  • robosphere
    robosphere Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Oh man! Phase 2! So many people from work brought their excess candy in here! I already had my indulgence last night at church group, though, so I will be avoiding that candy drawer and the table in the break room like the plague!
  • anglyn1
    anglyn1 Posts: 1,803 Member
    Options
    No candy here either! It was honestly easier than I thought it would be! :)
  • ndvoice
    ndvoice Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I thought I was the only one who chocolate talked to! Lol. I bought treats that I don't like, on purpose & gave them all out. I also bought myself Atkins treats, so I'd avoid my sons Halloween stash. I tend to avoid processed, but pms sometimes requires me to be creative.
  • ndvoice
    Options
    glossbones wrote: »
    I made us some peanut butter fat bombs by melting cacao butter with 85% dark chocolate and putting it in silicone mini cups over about a teaspoon of Smuckers All Natural peanut butter (2g carb / 1g sugar per tsp). Cooled it solid in the freezer. OMG. Those kids can have that nasty processed sugar. These were amazing!

That sounds fabulous!
  • ndvoice
    Options
    daylitemag wrote: »
    Congrats! I heard similar voices coming from the Twix bars at our house. We ended up with leftovers. I panicked and threw them all in a garage bag full of raw chicken scraps just to ensure I wouldn't go "dumpster diving" to save the poor Twix.

Brilliant!!! Talk about commiting!

• JodehFoster
    JodehFoster Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I had no candy either.

but...there may or may not have been a 2am fourthmeal incident after the Halloween party. Hard to say.
  • Lillith32
    Lillith32 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    We got the candy we don't like (twizzlers, starbursts and tootsie rolls), so niether I nor the Man were tempted to get into the bag. We did have fun throwing it at each other while waiting for trick-or-treaters.