November Challenge?

Options
baconslave
baconslave Posts: 6,951 Member
Anybody wanting to do a specific challenge this month?

I've been mulling over the idea of another "Hit the Basics" challenge that can be entirely independent of any other challenge anyone else might feel led to do. I'm doing that stuff again this month on my own anyway like in the October challenge, so if anyone is interested in another "Keeping the Holidays Slim" by watching the low-carb basics again, let me know and I'll make a thread for those who would like to do that.

So....challenge? Discuss.

Replies

• AngInCanada
    AngInCanada Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    baconslave wrote: »
    Anybody wanting to do a specific challenge this month?

I've been mulling over the idea of another "Hit the Basics" challenge that can be entirely independent of any other challenge anyone else might feel led to do. I'm doing that stuff again this month on my own anyway like in the October challenge, so if anyone is interested in another "Keeping the Holidays Slim" by watching the low-carb basics again, let me know and I'll make a thread for those who would like to do that.

So....challenge? Discuss.

Sounds good to me!
  • iammantistobbogan
    iammantistobbogan Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I would be interested in any challenge
  • SuesNewImage
    SuesNewImage Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    This post idea totally leaped out at me when I read it.
    After 19 weeks on LCHF I need to go back to weighing & measuring as my "eye" maybe out.
    Love getting back to basics of LCHF.
    I have read so much - need to keep it simple & not complicated this WOE.
  • NewSue52
    NewSue52 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Sign me up. Back to basics is a great idea. I need to weigh, measure and log every day.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I'm on the verge of starting Low carb after devouring a bazillion threads in this group! I think a challenge of any kind would help me make the change.
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    Back to basics sounds good to me! What would be reported and when? Maybe make it a weekly reporting in on our ability to fall back on what we did in the beginning, and the new people can use it also to build their own wonderful habits!?
  • carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,412 Member
    Options
    I'm so in! I've been just a tad on the lazy side lately so I need to get back to basics! What a great idea!!
  • slimzandra
    slimzandra Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    Sounds great - This is will be month 7 for me. I pretty much stalled in October. - calling it maintenance as I didn't gain anything, but didn't lose either :# (Although today I am down one pound for last week!) My goal is 5 pounds this month. I would love a kick start to get back to my fat burning machine days early on.

I like Karlotta's suggestion -->Maybe make it a weekly reporting in on our ability to fall back on what we did in the beginning, and the new people can use it also to build their own wonderful habits!?

and Sue and NewSue's ideas --->weigh, measure and log every day.

Personally, need to get back with my cardio for this month, it used to make a huge difference with appetite and loss.

A post every week (or every day) of what you did right or planning to do to "restart" would be great.
  • lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    Options
    I'll do it.
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,951 Member
    Options
    Peek in on the challenge we did last month to get an idea.
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10272727/prepping-for-the-holidays-october-challenge-week-4-check-in-10-22-10-31#Item_31

You don't have to check-in every day. You can report in as often as you like. I'll probably check-in daily because I'm obsessive like that. I'll make a weekly thread you can put your weigh-ins, check-ins, and other thoughts into.

Just outline your goals on the basics:
    Staying under carbs
    Staying under calories
    Logging and measuring
    Getting in exercise/movement if that's one of your goals
    Keeping an eye on electrolyte levels
    Getting enough water
    Planning ahead
    And generally talking over, sharing, and giving support for this time of year

These are the things I've found that staying mindful of makes the difference. I lost 13lb between Halloween and New Year's last year.

I'll get it set up this morning.