Options
freyjac
freyjac Posts: 205 Member
Will there a new holiday challenge?

Replies

• barbhat13
    barbhat13 Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    I hope so....I need the accountability and support.... Determined to lose ten pounds by Christmas! My present to myself....
  • SweetPeasMom55
    SweetPeasMom55 Posts: 3,385 Member
    Options
    I too would like another challenge. I'm hoping to stay on a challenge to get me all the way through winter as I get cold and I get sluggish. I don't want to hit any slippery slopes. :#
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    I'd love a new one, since I was so off plan during this one. Maybe through New Years?
  • SweetPeasMom55
    Options
    Well @barbhat13 it looks like good old mom is already coming to the aid again. I guess I still need to work my butt off. LOL
  • barbhat13
    Options
    Well @barbhat13 it looks like good old mom is already coming to the aid again. I guess I still need to work my butt off. LOL

Totally understand.... That rollercoaster of motherhood threatened to toss me off a few weeks ago....adding extra shifts too....
  • SilverStormi
    SilverStormi Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    I agree a new challenge is needed. I fell off the wagon again this challenge as life threw me a huge curve ball. I am game for the next few challenges just to stay in the swing of things but my weight loss has been put on hold for a little bit. I found out I was pregnant and needed some time to evaluate everything and just let the news sink in. But I still want to be tracking what im eating and my workouts and I do enjoy these challenges.

Everyone in agreement for New Years? I will set it up if one hasnt been yet. I know I have been MIA so I dont want to make a new one if one has already been done. If not I can get it up tomorrow.
  • SweetPeasMom55
    Options
    New years sounds great! Congrats and I think it would be great for you to track your food and exercise. You'll do great!!!
  • freyjac
    freyjac Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    New years sounds awesome! I was thinking about you silver stormi and hoping you were doing ok. Congrats!! That is fun news. I don;t think a new one has been set up yet.
  • lemurcat12
    Options
    Yes, please set up a new one. My life went crazy and I barely participated in this last one, but I want to change that and a challenge to focus on over the winter holiday season will be helpful, I think. (My birthday falls in this period as well: Dec 7.)
  • lemurcat12
    Options
    Congrats, SilverStormi!
  • CumberlandGrammy
    CumberlandGrammy Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Gosh, SilverStormi, I am so excited for you! I was pretty stunned by my first pregnancy, calling my mom to cry about my news. Now that baby is 33 and pregnant with my second grandchild. I will be thinking good thoughts for you.

I have been in great denial about being on track and staying accountable. This first of November has me recharged and feeling motivated. I too would appreciate another challenge. Ready to participate more fully!
  • barbhat13
    Options
    Yes to a new challenge! And congrats SilverStormi....
  • lemurcat12
    Options
    Looks fun! I finally managed to go swimming twice last week (indoors). Also signed up for the Hot Chocolate 15K next weekend, which was a good incentive to run in the rain on Halloween.
  • cds2001
    cds2001 Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    I would be interested in the New Year's challenge also.
  • JreedyJanelle
    JreedyJanelle Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    Count me in.
  • tress29
    tress29 Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    I've been logging my food, and doing lots of yard work, but I can't begin to remember what box my scale was packed in! Next week will be cooler weather, maybe I'll attach those last 6 or 8 boxes from our move.
  • SilverStormi
    SilverStormi Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    New challenge is up. Sorry my sinuses have been kicking my butt this week and I have been getting home and passing out before I get a chance to set up the next challenge. Im working on it today at work so it is up, invites sent shortly and spreadsheet will be done before 5pm today. Its a slow day at work so Im using my down time and working on this to look busy :wink:

First weigh in will be due next Monday 11/16 to give people time to get their new numbers set up so you may need to change your starting weight with this weeks weigh in so you can still keep track.

If you didn't get an invite for some reason and want to join here is the link to the new challenge
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/109803-something-to-celebrate-new-years-2016