New to the Group

Options
Hello, my name is Karin and I was sleeved on 9-30-15. Starting weight 308. I have no idea what I've lost so far because I don't even have a scale where I am now. My husband was sleeved 2 weeks before me. I work in Texas and go back and forth between there and Oklahoma every week. My scale is in Oklahoma. :( He has lost 35 lbs in a little under 1 month.

I'm still eating soft foods and I am really starting to crave meat. I've started eating thin lunch meat just to tide me over. Other than that I eat a lot of refried beans, blended chili, blended soups, blended cottage cheese mixed with fruit punch G2, yogurt, sugar free pudding, and sugar free Popsicles. Oh, and Muscle Milk Pro Series Knockout Chocolate and Premiere Vanilla protein drink (I really don't like those. They leave an aftertaste in my mouth, but I need to protein on most days.)

So, any great foods I'm missing at this stage? Please share.

Happy to be in the group.

Replies

• knjitters
    knjitters Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I i had the surgery on 9/2... I think you are eating pretty much what i did. I had mashed potatoes in there though. with my refried beans i would melt some low fat cheese and small amount of low fat sour cream to add some flavor.
    I love premier protein drinks..only one that tastes good to me
  • Kerria1024
    Kerria1024 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Fish..Gordons has unbreaded microwavable filets, 2 per box. 1 Fillet is the perfect size to get full. Plus it's fast. Advocare has pumpkin shakes that are good and Pro20 protein shots (the size of a 5hr energy). 20grams of protein each. I am still on soft food phase, my next appointment is the 10th.
    http://www.advocare.com/10599189
  • NicoleL874
    NicoleL874 Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    I was sleeved on 10/15 so I'm a bit behind you, just started purees. I pureed tuna salad and meatballs (not together) and both tasted really good. In soft food stage, can't you do ground meats? I have to pull my binder out to see for my nutritionist, but I'm trying not to think too far ahead!

I also love the chocolate Premier Protein, but I also use Syntrax Nectar Lemon Tea protein powder. 23 grams of protein in an 8oz glass of tea. I also bought the Syntrax Unflavored, it was formulated for bariatric patients and one small scoop has 10 grams of protein and can be mixed into everything. When I get it, I'll let you guys know how it works!
  • GoDasher
    GoDasher Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    @NicoleL874 Looking forward to your review of the Nectar unflavored. I'm struggling with it, but getting better. Adding it to my pureed soups, but not up to a full scoop yet.
  • krazzieone
    krazzieone Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    New to the group - building my support up. I just finished my pre gastric sleeve appointments and should be finalizing and scheduling my date soon. I'm super nervous but I know this will be a good thing for me. I still have a few pounds to drop too. I was thinking of getting one of the protein shakes and subbing in a meal to get use to the taste, and drop my calorie intake to lose a bit more. Any suggestions, or any other advice that I may not have thought of at this stage?
  • GoDasher
    GoDasher Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    @krazzieone - subbing in a protein shake is a great idea. And then just getting used to less food, protein first, eating slowly and chewing, chewing, chewing all your food. These are good habits for anyone.

I realllly notice how much my husband inhales his food now. I wonder if he chews at all!