Oh Joy! I've found the right group.

Options
Jobeth1961
Jobeth1961 Posts: 40 Member
:) I've just spent the best part of 2 hours trawling through the groups list to replace my old group Getoutofthe200lbs as I am now 197.8lbs with about 24lbs to go. Who knows exactly until you get nearer goal? I've been doing the 1200 for a while and love it. It works, lost every week and I am rarely hungry. I don't eat back calories burned walking as I don't trust the numbers that say I burn 900 calories for example doing 10k steps a day. However, I already love what I am reading in this group, eg having more calories a couple of days a week to balance things which seems a sensible solution. If you friend me, don't be shocked by my current low Cals, I am having root canal work on a tooth and can't chew! Look forward to getting to know you and mutual support & encouragement. Jo x

Replies

• Jobeth1961
    Jobeth1961 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Where are you all? Not enough activity? A balance between getting on with our lives and being members of a group for/ to support so things seem a bit too quite for me personally. Is this what's happened no replies to your posts so you've given up? I'll sit tight another week before continuing my search for a balanced group not an OTT one or inactive one.
  • rogers48
    rogers48 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    HI all. I am so glad to find this group. The 1200 to 1400 calorie day is perfect for me. I am from NC and Started out at 240. I have lost to 196 and need to loose another 50 lbs. Hopefully before next September 2016.
  • angierosso
    angierosso Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I have been finding that when MFP adds back the calories I burned from exercise, I do not lose. I have to stick to the 1200 and that's it. Any one else have this problem?
  • angierosso
    angierosso Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Jobeth1961 wrote: »
    :) I've just spent the best part of 2 hours trawling through the groups list to replace my old group Getoutofthe200lbs as I am now 197.8lbs with about 24lbs to go. Who knows exactly until you get nearer goal? I've been doing the 1200 for a while and love it. It works, lost every week and I am rarely hungry. I don't eat back calories burned walking as I don't trust the numbers that say I burn 900 calories for example doing 10k steps a day. However, I already love what I am reading in this group, eg having more calories a couple of days a week to balance things which seems a sensible solution. If you friend me, don't be shocked by my current low Cals, I am having root canal work on a tooth and can't chew! Look forward to getting to know you and mutual support & encouragement. Jo x

I agree with you. I think if I ate back the calories I burned I would be gaining weight. I just can't do that.