College student support

Options
tempPhone
tempPhone Posts: 10 Member
Hi I'm a little overweight (5'9'' and 174lbs) im currently a college student and planning to lose 30 pounds before I graduate (Oct 2016). I've been trying to do this alone but I'm finding it difficult so I'm searching for accountability partners so we can support each other

Replies

• daisyduck721
    daisyduck721 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Being in college is hard especially just wanting to sit down and snack while studying or stress eat. I'm also in college maybe we can encourage each other to take a break and do something active.
  • MariliaPa
    MariliaPa Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm also a uni student and l know how difficult dieting can be.
    I found that I usually overeat when I'm tired/bored so I try to keep myself as busy as possible and out of the house.
    I usually study in the library, I pack all my foods for the day and I only eat those.
    It's hard keeping your calories in check when at home, watching series or having a relaxed day though.
    What are the main challenges you found when dieting in college? Is anyone else struggling with maintaining a social life& dieting?
  • JGlam_NY
    JGlam_NY Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I am an older back to college student. Pre nursing and it has been a huge struggle to stay on an eating schedule and not wanting to eat after my night class. I am barely on week 2 of trying to stay consistent with eating and working outs. I am willing to make some friends for help and accountability.
  • Madison_LH
    Madison_LH Posts: 28 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    I'm also in college (I'm a junior) wanting to lose 20lbs. For me it wasn't the freshman 15 so much - I'm only up around 5 lbs since starting college. It's more just weight that's crept on over the past 4 years or so. I'm barely 5'2" and I haven't grown since my early teens so it's not from that, it's just a combination of less activity and much crappier eating. My goal right now is to go strict paleo (like Whole30 strict) until thanksgiving and then let myself have a "cheat" for the holiday. I'll reasses then but I'm thinking of continuing the same thing through the end of the year with another cheat for Christmas/New Years. I really need something strict and dramatic to break my sugar habit.

Would you guys be interested in us all posting weekly updates in this thread? I would love to do something like that.
  • tempPhone
    tempPhone Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    MariliaPa wrote: »
    Hey! I'm also a uni student and l know how difficult dieting can be.
    I found that I usually overeat when I'm tired/bored so I try to keep myself as busy as possible and out of the house.
    I usually study in the library, I pack all my foods for the day and I only eat those.
    It's hard keeping your calories in check when at home, watching series or having a relaxed day though.
    What are the main challenges you found when dieting in college? Is anyone else struggling with maintaining a social life& dieting?

I'm finding maintaining a social life is really hard in uni because all the social events are centered around alcohol and pizza. I don't want to seem like a square so I usually just avoid going to such events. Also all nighters suck because I usually snack while I'm studying