Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

lower back pain

Hello all,

I had a sedantry lifestyle and i started walking for the past 20 days. I am obese and i suddenly started with 1hr to 1.5 hr walks.. Would this lead to lower back pain.. If so what stretch exercises should we do before a walk...

TIA

Replies

• mamarundrc
    mamarundrc Posts: 1,577 Member
    Yes, this definitely can lead to lower back pain. Some simple stretches you can do are to sit in a chair with good posture and just stretch your arms straight up over your head and lift at your ribs elongating the spine. You can also do the standing or laying down flat on the floor. Another great stretch is child's pose (look it online). If you can not do it on the floor you can sit on a chair at a table and put your arms on the table and slide back to get the same stretch. I do this a lot at work when my back gets stiff.

Also make sure to look up some hip and leg stretches. Tightness in your hips and hamstrings can cause lower back pain as well.

If the pain persists or gets worse, make sure to talk to your doctor. Back pain is the worst and left unchecked it can become a chronic problem. Hopefully as you do more and lose some weight and build some muscle you will have less pain.

• tejas1212
    tejas1212 Posts: 3 Member
    Thanks a ton....
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    also when you are walking, make sure that you are walking with good posture. I have found many times tucking the pelvis under so that you are all aligned helps tremendously with lower back pain