Injured & not hungry?

Options
ndvoice
ndvoice Posts: 161 Member
This is odd....I started eating Keto about 6 weeks ago. I also started working out. I did notice my appetite decrease as I adjusted. Lately I've had a reduced but healthy appetite, until the past couple days.

I injured my back a couple days ago & ive had to rest. I was very afraid the "boredom hunger" would set in, but it's been the exact opposite! Yesterday I ate lightly & today I just don't want to eat - like at all. I just logged the dinner I'm planning to eat.....but I don't want to. Has this happened to anyone else? Could it be that I'm not exercising, so I'm not hungry? This is weird.

Replies

• wabmester
    wabmester Posts: 2,748 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Yes, I think it's pretty common.

Exercise reduction could be part of it, but I think it's related to the injury.

@foamroller had an interesting speculation about the effect. Fasting leads to apoptosis and other repair mechanisms kicking in. So it could be a way of your body trying to heal your injury.

Or it could just be that you're sad about your injury and you've lost interest in food.

In any case, I hope you feel better soon!
  • ndvoice
    ndvoice Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    wabmester wrote: »
    Yes, I think it's pretty common.

Exercise reduction could be part of it, but I think it's related to the injury.

@foamroller had an interesting speculation about the effect. Fasting leads to apoptosis and other repair mechanisms kicking in. So it could be a way of your body trying to heal your injury.

Or it could just be that you're sad about your injury and you've lost interest in food.

In any case, I hope you feel better soon!

Thanks! Feeling improvements each day ☺️
    I never considered the association of fasting & repair. I'll have to do some reading, since I have the time lol

• robosphere
    robosphere Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry to hear you're still hurting. I guess it's a good thing, though, that your appetite is low. Last time I injured my back, I ate like a pig. I guess I was trying to prove I was still able to do SOMETHING well.

Hope you feel better!