Thanksgiving Favorites!!

Options
What can't you wait for this Thanksgiving? I'm excited for stuffing...

Replies

• SweetPeasMom55
    SweetPeasMom55 Posts: 3,385 Member
    Options
    Turkey!!! My meal consists of Turkey ,squash and if my mom makes it jello. It's why it's no big deal for me to miss the meal and just eat left overs. I do believe I will be working this Thanksgiving too as we are firing someone today. :#
  • FatSwatter
    FatSwatter Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Sorry I haven't been so active in the group lately. I'll try to be better! I can't wait until this semester is over when all my candy can be disappeared!!

Regarding Thanksgiving, this is a tough time of the year for me. I lost my brother (Nov. 14), grandpa (Nov 22), stepmom (Nov 29), godmom (Dec 1), uncle (12/5) within three years of each other making this time of year a very painful memory particularly because of my brother/stepmom/godmom whom I was the closest with. I also lost a childhood cat due to jaundice around this time which to me might as well have been a child. I love animals!

Anyways, I mentioned this in a post a while back about how much I dreaded this time of year and a friend of mine said perhaps I should take this time to honor them. To honor someone is to not just remember them but to take time to thank them for all the things they did for you. Although these people are no longer here in this world physically, I'm going to try to do this this Thanksgiving. I'm thinking about getting my mom on board who lives far away and is by herself (except for two cats) to see if we could maybe swap stories about these people on the phone as part of a new tradition. What do you all think?

Regarding what I'm excited for, I'm most excited for the time off so I can recharge. I know that sounds a bit selfish but going to school full time and working full time really has taken a toll on me. Plus, it's a time for my boyfriend and I to rejuvenate. We usually end up going to Golden Corral and tipping 100% because I feel bad for those waitresses who have to work on that day. That's kind of my way of paying it forward while not having to cook anything. Plus, it's nice to get out even though I'm usually not that fond of buffet restaurants.
  • SweetPeasMom55
    SweetPeasMom55 Posts: 3,385 Member
    Options
    For @FatSwatter I had a very dear friend who walked for every one of her friends whom she knew and cared about who died of cancer. She walked a mile well the year she died she had asked her husband to do it and he was very ill and so I did it for him and I said not to worry I will do 2 miles for everyone one for you and one for me. Every time I walk and i'm feeling depressed I think of them and think Ok this is for you guys.
  • FatSwatter
    FatSwatter Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    @2020pinktogo - That's a great idea! Thank you so much for your comment and suggestion. I definitely want to honor my family instead of feeling sad/depressed. I want to be a different person this time of year because close friends of mine have mentioned in the past how I'm not the same. I knew I was but I didn't know realize it was that noticeable to those around me.