What was your ahh-ha moment that made you decide to lose weight?

Options
13»

Replies

• marekdds
    marekdds Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    congratulations! Maintenance is just another term for eternal vigilance.
  • beverlyjlarson
    beverlyjlarson Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Mine was looking at vacation pictures of myself and my Grandkids. I bairly reconised myself. I had no idea I looked so bloated. I was so embarrassed I was going to delete the pictures. Instead of deleting them I keep them on my phone. Now when I'm feeling discouraged I look at the pictures and remember what it was like to be so overweight and tired.
  • marekdds
    Options
    I keep my fat pics for motivation too
  • sunman00
    sunman00 Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    mine was a gradual build up; various thoughts; main one was that my Dad died aged 51 so I'd been thinking a long time to do it.
    My nephew had lost some weight, I asked him how, he said, 'eat a little less, exercise a little more', simple & controlable, I signed up to MFP the next day, 52 weeks, 52lb.
  • E_Brault
    E_Brault Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    sunman00 wrote: »
    mine was a gradual build up; various thoughts; main one was that my Dad died aged 51 so I'd been thinking a long time to do it.
    My nephew had lost some weight, I asked him how, he said, 'eat a little less, exercise a little more', simple & controlable, I signed up to MFP the next day, 52 weeks, 52lb.

Impressive! Congratulations.

• kyedo
    kyedo Posts: 83 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    I think I just had that "A HA" moment, but mine was really "Oh $%!T, I have become one of those people always making excuses!!!"

I have been on here for a few years, up and down with my weight, which directly corresponds to how well I track and how dedicated I am to exercise. However, I am very good at making excuses, whether it be "This is an important event so go ahead and eat anything" to "I will exercise tomorrow or the next day or next week"

I think that the only way for me to be successful is to make this happen everyday, and stop making excuses and just do what I know is right. MAKE THE RIGHT FOOD CHOICES AND BE ACTIVE.
  • marekdds
    Options
    very true, kyedo, excuses are killers!