Keto shakes/smoothies?

Options
macchiatto
macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
What are your favorite keto/LCHF shake and smoothie recipes?

Replies

• KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    www.healthfulpursuit.com

I LOVE her chocolate hemp shake, and in fact use a variation of it for my daily breakfast! :)
  • macchiatto
    Options
    Thanks!
    I've never shopped for hemp hearts before; is $9.43 for a 1-lb bag (Amazon) a good price?
  • Carlyccs
    Carlyccs Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I make a pumpkin smoothie that I love this time of year. 1/2 cup pumpkin puree (I roast and puree my own pie pumpkins) 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk, blended with ice and a dash of cinnamon. Sometimes I will add a tablespoon of almond butter or some sugar free vanilla syrup depending upon what I'm in the mood for!
  • Couchpotato39
    Couchpotato39 Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    1/2 c full fat Greek yogurt
    1/2 avocado
    2 cups spinach
    6 strawberries
    1/4 c blueberries
    1/4 c water
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    macchiatto wrote: »
    Thanks!
    I've never shopped for hemp hearts before; is $9.43 for a 1-lb bag (Amazon) a good price?

I think that's better than what I paid. I got a container of Badia brand for $15, and I don't think it is a pound worth. They stretch decently, and they're a good mix up. You can use them for all kinds of things, too...
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    macchiatto wrote: »
    Thanks!
    Amazon's the best price I've found.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    8 ounces unsweetened almond milk
    8 ounces heavy cream
    8-12 ice cubes
    cocoa powder, unsweetened choc. syrup and a packet of sugar substitute (to taste)

Or, instead of the chocolate, we have done vanilla extract and orange Mio for an orange creamsicle shake.

• macchiatto
    Options
    Thanks for the replies! Very helpful!